NAD Stereo Receiver Amplifier

Looking for some suggestions regarding a NAD Stereo Receiver Model
Number 7250 PE. I've owned it for over twenty years. After I'd first
purchased it, about six years I think. the FM receiver started to
develop intermittent buzz that almost sounded like a chain saw
starting up. Took it to the shop and they replaced some components.
(I can't recall what they were, it was a about ten years ago.)

Now the thing is starting to do it again. Am I just cursed or is this
a common problem with NAD equipment?
2 answers Last reply
More about stereo receiver amplifier
  1. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    Bill wrote:
    > Looking for some suggestions regarding a NAD Stereo Receiver Model
    > Number 7250 PE. I've owned it for over twenty years. After I'd
    first
    > purchased it, about six years I think. the FM receiver started to
    > develop intermittent buzz that almost sounded like a chain saw
    > starting up. Took it to the shop and they replaced some components.
    > (I can't recall what they were, it was a about ten years ago.)
    >
    > Now the thing is starting to do it again. Am I just cursed or is
    this
    > a common problem with NAD equipment?

    Everybody I know who's owned a NAD product has had a different problem
    with it. But everybody's had a problem. I've had to take two NAD
    components in for repairs, and both times the service tech has cursed
    at me as I walked through the door. (Apparently getting replacement
    parts is no box of chocolates, either.)

    My philosophy has been, fix once, then replace. NAD is cheap enough
    that this doesn't hurt too much.

    bob
  2. Archived from groups: rec.audio.high-end (More info?)

    On 4 Feb 2005 19:44:42 GMT, nabob33@hotmail.com wrote:

    [ . . .]

    >My philosophy has been, fix once, then replace. NAD is cheap enough
    >that this doesn't hurt too much.
    >
    >bob

    Thank you, that does make sense.

High-End Audio Audio