Just another problem to puzzle your mind

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
ok...this is getting annoying now. I have a decent system here. #1 i should be able to open windows without any problem with this system look at specs on signature. ok here goes.

i have 811s LiteON dvdrw, this thing is driving me up the F*ckin wall!... i load in a Dvd-r that i made, it's just a data disc with some game ISO's... i simply wanna put it in, view the files, and drag them off and put them on my computer. Ok, #1 when i load the disc, and click my computer, it hangs it sometimes and get the (not responding) up top. when i leave it alone and finally comes back up and im able to view my drives, i double click and it's Slow as HELL.... i then try to Drag off the DVD...not working...... after this happens, i waited alittle. and tried to eject, the F8king thing wouldn't eject, so i held it alittle and finally after 1 minute if opened, i then shut down any application and tried again very slowly not clicking anything, i now go to my computer after that turtle speed [-peep-] openes it's now saying something about I/O error ... also when i was trying to drag files off it was saying something about a redundancy thing...

now, when i use this drive for Ripping my movies and making personal backups with xcopy platnium it works MINT!, i just wanna know what's the slow sluggish ass speed, and why can't i just view that cd and grab those files..... very annoying.. thank you guys.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2

crisis

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2005
Well I know that the rendundancy error thing is if the DVD-disc
is with one " ripe, crack, line ", or several,
and the player wont read it anymore. Windows stays completely still, and you can forget about being able to read the DVD, unless you polish it ( if there is just one line on the DVD try to open another file on the same disc... If not bad luck. Sorry