Information Bar missing

I've just downloaded Service Pack 2 for Windows XP but there is no sign of
the Information Bar in IE.
Would appreciate any help in finding and activating it.

Many thanks.

JD
1 answer Last reply
More about information missing

    Check your security settings.

    [[Important You can turn off the Information Bar in Internet Explorer by
    lowering the default security settings. However, we strongly recommend that
    you leave these security settings at their default level or higher. The
    default security settings in Internet Explorer are designed to help protect
    your computer from viruses and from attacks over the Internet. ]]

    Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:xYwqe.13375$F7.3184@news-server.bigpond.net.au,
    Dealer Wells <darkjohnny@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I've just downloaded Service Pack 2 for Windows XP but there is no sign of
    > the Information Bar in IE.
    > Would appreciate any help in finding and activating it.
    >
    > Many thanks.
    >
    > JD

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP