Sign in with
Your question

Palm Pre Sucks, Says AT&T Execs

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
April 29, 2009 12:04:05 PM

Wow, AT&T is really sinking to really low levels. Are they that paranoid about the Pre stealing their cashcow iPhone's thunder?

source

Wow, interesting how you fault the Pre's "Full QWERTY-keyboard", when tapping on keys is still way much faster than tapping on a touchscreen to input text. :heink: 

More about : palm pre sucks execs

a b Ý World of Warcraft
April 29, 2009 1:01:57 PM

Thanks for the link but lets wait for Pre to come out and then we can have better reviews.
May 4, 2009 3:01:27 AM

You're right Maziar... just got a bit carried away with AT&T's competitiveness. I'm sure they see the Pre as a threat though. :p 
Related resources
July 23, 2009 1:22:35 AM

J29ville your extremley biast. If you can't type on the iPhone, your stupid. Not only does it have predictive text that fixes any and all mistakes, the iPhone screen turns to the side for a full landscape keyboard. The keys on the palm pre are cheap and plastic and there are countless reviews to back that up. Don't knock it until you try it, cause I had the same disposition, and I was dead wrong. I think the pre can be a great phone and competetor of the iPhone but it needs perfecting.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
October 2, 2009 1:04:48 PM

This Chart is completely bias and unfair to anyone looking to purchase the Palm Pre. in the long run with this phone you are saving money, you can still download apps and iphone had very few apps when it was released. this phone also has GPS and itunes capability. meaning you can sync your itunes with this phone. The data plan is cheaper than the iphone and a lot easier to use. not to mention the multi app capability.
October 3, 2009 5:20:47 AM

Quote:
This Chart is completely bias and unfair to anyone looking to purchase the Palm Pre. in the long run with this phone you are saving money, you can still download apps and iphone had very few apps when it was released. this phone also has GPS and itunes capability. meaning you can sync your itunes with this phone. The data plan is cheaper than the iphone and a lot easier to use. not to mention the multi app capability.

While I may agree with you in general, there are some (serious I think) flaws with the Pre. AS a Sprint customer looking to upgrade, I would like a Pre but I feel that they need to address some issues such as making a more robust address book (I don't want to have to search for contacts every time, I just want to go straight there in a couple clicks/taps). I am not in a particular mood to list all my gripes right now, but I like the Pre and am hoping that version 2 will be the one for me.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
November 12, 2009 5:02:28 PM

i purchased the phone when it 1st came out and so far i had 4 palm pre's i had to keep getting replacement's because it kept overheating, the volume turned down on its own and it stood on the screen so i always had to turn off and on the phone, people will call me and i wouldn't receive it nor some voicemails, is very slippery, doesn't have video recorder, google maps only gives you driving directions i mean not every person owns a car lol you need that public transportation too, you can't forward msg, you can't download anything unless is webos, the app store doesn't provide that much stuff and the one's they bringing new you have too pay for it, you can't watch all websites videos i think you can only see youtube videos, and the list goes on and on. i thought the instinct was bad when i had it but this is way worst.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
December 7, 2009 5:16:31 PM

As an 'Apps House' we were working on a couple of apps for the Palm Pre and it's sister, the Pixie. These apps have their equivalents on the i-Phone and the HTC. However, it soon became clear that Palm WebOS is not up to providing anything more than apps which are scolling lists. Familiar apps that use graphics, image processing, anything that is basically i-Phone, Nokia or HTC, just won't float on the Palm Platform. This is because Palm WebOS is really just a web browser that's had it's features shrunk in the wash. You can make nice web pages using CSS and Javascript, but forget the cool stuff.

As a consequence we quit Palm WebOS development and will be going back to the (imperfect) AppStore. Developer's are tearing their hair out over what the Palm cannot do. It promised so much, even being the I-Phone Killer. Until Palm make WebOS workable, there is zero chance of this. Which is a shame but as they say, if it don't float, don't go rowing in it. Meanwhile the shelves of the Palm App Store will stay sparse.
!