VOLUME

Tags:
  • Windows XP
June 11, 2005 5:40:02 AM

I have a dell laptop. I have media control buttons in the front. When you
press them a blue volume bar goes up and down. Also when i change the
brightness of the monitor a yellow bar goes up and down. Recently neither of
them appears. I still have control of sound and brightness just that these
bars are missing. I still have the icon on taskbar. This is not the standard
volume control display. I am talking about the blue volume display. thanks
for help

More about : volume

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 11:06:40 AM

Hi,

Likely either the keyboard media function support is either disabled or
corrupt. Start/run msconfig and ensure that the keyboard support is enabled
on the startup tab. If it is, then try reinstalling the supplied driver
disks.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"JOHN" <JOHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D A0DBC8A-9B93-41D7-8CEF-B2D0596F66CB@microsoft.com...
>I have a dell laptop. I have media control buttons in the front. When you
> press them a blue volume bar goes up and down. Also when i change the
> brightness of the monitor a yellow bar goes up and down. Recently neither
> of
> them appears. I still have control of sound and brightness just that
> these
> bars are missing. I still have the icon on taskbar. This is not the
> standard
> volume control display. I am talking about the blue volume display. thanks
> for help
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 9:07:29 PM

You will need to install "Dell Quickset" to get these features.

http://tinyurl.com/dhel3

regards,
ssg MS-MVP