VOLUME

I have a dell laptop. I have media control buttons in the front. When you
press them a blue volume bar goes up and down. Also when i change the
brightness of the monitor a yellow bar goes up and down. Recently neither of
them appears. I still have control of sound and brightness just that these
bars are missing. I still have the icon on taskbar. This is not the standard
volume control display. I am talking about the blue volume display. thanks
for help
2 answers Last reply
More about volume

    Hi,

    Likely either the keyboard media function support is either disabled or
    corrupt. Start/run msconfig and ensure that the keyboard support is enabled
    on the startup tab. If it is, then try reinstalling the supplied driver
    disks.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "JOHN" <JOHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a dell laptop. I have media control buttons in the front. When you
    > press them a blue volume bar goes up and down. Also when i change the
    > brightness of the monitor a yellow bar goes up and down. Recently neither
    > of
    > them appears. I still have control of sound and brightness just that
    > these
    > bars are missing. I still have the icon on taskbar. This is not the
    > standard
    > volume control display. I am talking about the blue volume display. thanks
    > for help

    You will need to install "Dell Quickset" to get these features.

    http://tinyurl.com/dhel3

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    JOHN wrote:
    > I have a dell laptop. I have media control buttons in the front. When you
    > press them a blue volume bar goes up and down. Also when i change the
    > brightness of the monitor a yellow bar goes up and down. Recently neither of
    > them appears. I still have control of sound and brightness just that these
    > bars are missing. I still have the icon on taskbar. This is not the standard
    > volume control display. I am talking about the blue volume display. thanks
    > for help

Windows XP