I have tried to create a folder to store all of the Microsoft updates and
hotfixes, but it will not copy to it. Can these files safely be removed and
still have the effect the patches were meant for?

Thanks
DieterKlausen

You have to download (not install) and save the updates to a folder. You
then click on the update from that folder to install it. You can then
subsequently reapply the update or copy to a CD and apply it on another
computer. You can not save an update after it has been installed directly
from Windows Update.

You can go here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en to look at all
downloads, or here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=7
for security updates.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"DieterKlausen" <DieterKlausen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to create a folder to store all of the Microsoft updates and
> hotfixes, but it will not copy to it. Can these files safely be removed
> and
> still have the effect the patches were meant for?
>
> Thanks
> DieterKlausen

Some files can be safely deleted:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"DieterKlausen" <DieterKlausen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to create a folder to store all of the Microsoft updates and
> hotfixes, but it will not copy to it. Can these files safely be removed
> and
> still have the effect the patches were meant for?
>
> Thanks
> DieterKlausen

You may use the windows update catalog:
HOW TO Download Windows Updates and Drivers from the Windows Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=323166

regards,
ssg MS-MVP