Windows XP Media Center Edition

Hi:

Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
built into XP Media Center?

Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
find one.

Thanks

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is based primarily on a modified
Windows XP Professional SP2 base.

> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.

Yes - microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?
>
> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.
>
> Thanks

Thanks Mike...for both answers.

ColTom2

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <mikebran@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is based primarily on a modified
Windows XP Professional SP2 base.

> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.

Yes - microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"ColTom2" <noemailaddress@none.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?
>
> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.
>
> Thanks

Frequently Asked Questions About Windows XP Media Center Edition
http://www.microsoft.com/windo­wsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/fa­q.asp

Windows XP Media Center Edition Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/windo­wsxp/mediacenter/

Visit the Windows Media Center newsgroup experts:

regards,
ssg MS-MVP
ColTom2 wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?
>
> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.
>
> Thanks

Hi:

Not any of your referenced hyperlinks are valid at this time. You might
want to update them etc.

ColTom2

ColTom2 wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Does anyone know what version of XP, Home or Professional Edition, is
> built into XP Media Center?
>
> Also is there a specific Newsgroup applicable Media Center? I could not
> find one.
>
> Thanks

Windows XP Media Center Edition Home Page
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/default.mspx

Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx

regards,