Why didn't they have "character portraits" for Ultima 8?

WindSong

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Whose decision was this anyways? Surely not Garriots, right? That was one of
the things I had always loved about Ultima 6 and 7..you had a face to go with
the name and personality. The portraits of the three "sisters" in the silver
seed pack were excellent, as was the picture of the automatons, Petra, and the
Banes. I started playing Ultima 8 and started to wonder if maybe it was some
hidden switch or setting I had forgotten to turn to "on". Nope..they just
didnt include them at all. :(
Then there was the senile gravekeeper in Empath Abbey in U6: "Who is abbey? I
never umpethed abbey! I dunno who abbey is!"

Rant off.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Greetings.

In article <lfHZd.5253420$f47.952291@news.easynews.com>, Windsong wrote:
> Whose decision was this anyways? Surely not Garriots, right? That was one
> of the things I had always loved about Ultima 6 and 7..you had a face to
> go with the name and personality. The portraits of the three "sisters" in
> the silver seed pack were excellent, as was the picture of the
> automatons, Petra, and the Banes. I started playing Ultima 8 and started
> to wonder if maybe it was some hidden switch or setting I had forgotten
> to turn to "on". Nope..they just didnt include them at all. :(
> Then there was the senile gravekeeper in Empath Abbey in U6: "Who is
> abbey? I
> never umpethed abbey! I dunno who abbey is!"

My favourite was Sutek the Mad with his sparkley hair. :)

Regards,
Tristan

--
_

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

> the name and personality. The portraits of the three "sisters" in the
silver
> seed pack were excellent, as was the picture of the automatons, Petra, and
the
> Banes.

The witch Selina was also excellent.

--
Max

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

> My favourite was Sutek the Mad with his sparkley hair. :)

The mage Elissa too. BTW - this name is the name of the queen who founded
the ancient city of Carthage.

--
Max

Tristan Miller wrote:

>> Then there was the senile gravekeeper in Empath Abbey in U6: "Who is
>> abbey? I
>> never umpethed abbey! I dunno who abbey is!"
>
> My favourite was Sutek the Mad with his sparkley hair. :)

Indeed. Although I also liked the vampire mortician, Glen D'Arc.

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org