dhlucke

Polypheme
One thing that drove me crazy about CD-R's was the fact that 5 years ago when I burned a bunch of 2x CD's it was the best, but when you go to use those CD's now they can only be read at 2x which is excruciatingly slow by today's standards.

Is the same true with DVD's? Have any of you noticed that the DVD's are slow to load when you burned them at a slower speed than you are today? I can't imagine having much fun with a 2x DVD burner in 2 years. I don't mind waiting for the burn, but when it comes time to actually use the disc it will matter. Especially with that much data.

Is it something else that made loading old cd's slow?

Hobbit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am almost 100% sure without looking this up - that CDR & DVD+-R read speeds are independent of write speeds so I think you must have a slow 4x CD player or something. In other words a CDR written @4x can be read at 52X etc. I have never had that problem your talking about. Besides that I have over a thousand prime peripherals CDR's which are rated at 16X but burn at 40X. I paid tax and a stamp for all of them over 4 years ago and dont think I will run out before they are totally out dated technology (I dont use them very much).

Balls, said the Queen if I had them I would be king!