Exult studio in Debian (sarge)

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Greetings,
Does anyone here use the debian packaged exult and exult-studio?
I have had no luck getting them to work together so far (I assume
because the exult-studio docs state that I need the latest exult
CVS snapshot).

The Exult version shipped with debian (sarge/testing and unstable) is 1.2-4,
apparently last updated by Michael Banck 8 Feb 2005.

Thanks,
Kadmos

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Dreaming Kadmos woke me up by screaming

> Does anyone here use the debian packaged exult and exult-studio?
> I have had no luck getting them to work together so far (I assume
> because the exult-studio docs state that I need the latest exult
> CVS snapshot).
>
> The Exult version shipped with debian (sarge/testing and unstable) is
> 1.2-4, apparently last updated by Michael Banck 8 Feb 2005.

It might help asking this in the Exult Forum but then again, sometimes we
just don't know...

First thing to check is stdout when you run Exult. Does it say "Compile-
time options: USE_EXULTSTUDIO"? Of course I'm not sure if it says that on
nonWindows systems, but I think it should. If it gives the line "Compile-
time options:" but doesn't mention the "USE_EXULTSTUDIO" then you have no
coice but to build Exult and Exult Studio yourself (which I'd recommend
anyway).
Also, does Exult Studio run on its own, at all and does it show shapes
and such?

--
Dominus Dragon -=UDIC=- aka Dominik Reichardt (Remove NOSPAM to mail)
My homepage with funny content :) http://Beam.To/Dominik/