Problem with Hotsync Palm & Outlook

August 9, 2004 10:57:00 PM

I have a plam V and a palm 100. I am having major difficulties with
the new 100. I have two separate users (I use the Palm V and my wife
uses the 100). I set up chapura to use outlook for my account but I
want to use Palm desktop on her XP account for her synch. I set it up
to use Outlook, which is the preffered method but it deleted all her
data. The data is still in the Paklm dektop, so my Q's are as follow:
* How do I set the synch to go back to the Plam desktop for my wifes
account?
* After the synch with the desktop can I set it to go back to using
Outlook? this way I can copy the outlook back to her account.
* How do I set up multiple profiles and users for hotsynch?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
August 18, 2004 2:35:31 AM

On 9 Aug 2004 18:57:00 -0700, alowance@yahoo.com (al) wrote:

>I have a plam V and a palm 100. I am having major difficulties with
>the new 100. I have two separate users (I use the Palm V and my wife
>uses the 100). I set up chapura to use outlook for my account but I
>want to use Palm desktop on her XP account for her synch. I set it up
>to use Outlook, which is the preffered method but it deleted all her
>data. The data is still in the Paklm dektop, so my Q's are as follow:
>* How do I set the synch to go back to the Plam desktop for my wifes
>account?
>* After the synch with the desktop can I set it to go back to using
>Outlook? this way I can copy the outlook back to her account.
>* How do I set up multiple profiles and users for hotsynch?
>Thanks in advance

If you run the Palm Desktop installation again, you should be given
the option to sync to the Palm Desktop rather than to Outlook. At
least I think that is the way it works....been awhile since I've done
that. Then after getting the data synced from the Palm Desktop to the
handheld, then run the installation again and choose to sync with
Outlook. Before doing this though, I would make a copy of the User
folder that has the data you want to retrieve. Look for it in a
location such as:

c:\Palm\UserFolder\

or

c:\Program Files\Palm\UserFolder\