Ultima IV - Sega Master System

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons,rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Greetings fellow Ultima enthusiasts!

I found a store that still has new copies of Ultima IV for the Sega
Master System for sale (English version). I can get them for you if
you wish - just drop me a line on the e-mail.

Regards,
LaFey Dragon - UDIC

LaFey Dragon wrote:
> Greetings fellow Ultima enthusiasts!
>
> I found a store that still has new copies of Ultima IV for the Sega
> Master System for sale (English version). I can get them for you if
> you wish - just drop me a line on the e-mail.
>
> Regards,
> LaFey Dragon - UDIC

Does anyone besides me HAVE a SMS? A working one? (Granted, mine has a
hole in the case, and only one working controller - itself a replacement
- but it WORKS, and that is the point.)

It'd be interesting, I'll grant, to have the game, but I have to wonder
what a classic like that is going for. Then there's shipping to account
for.... *sigh*

-Lumina Dragon

P.S. Hey, just noticed the addresses this sends to. Hi, .S Dragons! Yes,
I'm back!

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons,rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

In article <d72n1m$sgg$1@domitilla.aioe.org>,
Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>LaFey Dragon wrote:
>>
>> I found a store that still has new copies of Ultima IV for the Sega
>> Master System for sale (English version). I can get them for you if
>> you wish - just drop me a line on the e-mail.
>
>Does anyone besides me HAVE a SMS? A working one? (Granted, mine has a
>hole in the case, and only one working controller - itself a replacement
>- but it WORKS, and that is the point.)
>
>It'd be interesting, I'll grant, to have the game, but I have to wonder
>what a classic like that is going for. Then there's shipping to account
>for.... *sigh*

I have one. In fact, I have three. :) However, it's worth noting that the
SMS version of Ultima IV is a pretty watered-down game experience. The
game isn't edited or truncated (like the Nintendo version of The Bard's
Tale) but it is harder to play the game with just a pad and two buttons in
place of a full keyboard. You're stick having to select commands from a
scrolling menu each time you want to do something other than move.

If you're interested in checking out the look of the game, there's a
resource called the Sega Notebook that has manuals and screenshots of all
the released titles. The specific Ultima page may be found here:

http://shell0.elnet.com/~gm-quinn/sms/ultima4/manual/ultima4m.html

Oh, bye the way? I picked my copy of Ultima IV up for less than $5. It's
worth checking used game shops for old stock, and Master System stuff is
not considered all that rare. In fact, in the United States it was held a
distant second place in the market against the Nintendo, so some people
have no idea how to assign a price to those old games. You may get lucky.

-KKC, who tends to be wary of console games which are ports of PC games.
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |

starscream86

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons,rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

Greetings fellow Ultima enthusiasts!

I found a store that still has new copies of Ultima IV for the Sega
Master System for sale (English version). I can get them for you if
you wish - just drop me a line on the e-mail.

Regards,
LaFey Dragon - UDIC

any info on this store and game with both spell and history books would be appreciated....
starscream86@hotmail.com
sega master system fan 4ever....