Audio quackwatch: the Intelligent Chip

Last response: in Home Audio
February 19, 2005 3:53:37 AM

another 'so absurd it has to be a hoax' audiophile product

but alas...it appears that the Intelligent Chip is real
($16 each)

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina27.htm

they also sell

-- an 'ultratweeter' that operates in
the gigaHertz range to "actually organize and improve the energy flow in signal conductors"
($400/pr)

-- the 'Magic Ring':
" The Magic Ring and Large Magic Ring are intended to be used with speaker cables, power cords and
interconnects, as well as in proximity to electronic components. The Magic Ring operates on the principle of "energy
organization" in materials that conduct "signal" or electricity, as opposed to magnetism or vibration control. The Magic
Ring illuminates and expands the soundstage, lowers distortion and improves dynamics, especially microdynamics.
Surprisingly, bass performance is also improved quite a bit. "
($180/$300 each depending on size)

These three remarkable devices appear to be made by an outfit called 'Golden Sound'.

But MachineDynamica is nothign if not resourceful; their own products include:

"BRILLIANT PEBBLES
What the heck is it? Brilliant Pebbles is a unique room & system tuning device for audio and video systems, including
satellite TV. Original (Large) Brilliant Pebbles is a 3-inch tall clear glass bottle containing a variety of
minerals/stones. A number of highly specialized techniques used for preparation and assembly.
Brilliant Pebbles acts as both a vibration "node damper" and EMI/RFI absorber via various atomic mechanisms in the
crystals. Large Brilliant Pebbles is effective on tube and solid state amps, on speaker cabinets, on armboards of VPI
turntables and on tube traps. When placed on the floor in room corners, Large Brilliant Pebbles reduces comb filter
effects caused by very high sound pressure levels that occur in the corners while music is playing. One Large BP on
satellite TV receiver produces considerably better image density, resolution & color saturation. Original (Large) $99
each. 30-day money back guarantee"

The white paper is a triumphant example of pseudoscientific inference and bad spelling:

http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina17.htm

--

-S
It's not my business to do intelligent work. -- D. Rumsfeld, testifying

"Steven Sullivan" <ssully@panix.com> wrote in message
> another 'so absurd it has to be a hoax' audiophile product
>

> but alas...it appears that the Intelligent Chip is real
> ($16 each)
>

> http://www.machinadynamica.com/machina27.htm
>
> they also sell
>
> -- an 'ultratweeter' that operates in
> the gigaHertz range to "actually organize and improve the energy flow in
> signal conductors"
> ($400/pr)

Sounds like they have been reading Wilhelm Reich:
PUBLIC ORGONOMIC RESEARCH EXCHANGE - PORE - Orgone Energy research of
Wilhelm Reich and others
A place to share orgone energy information, research, articles, discussion,
and other topics in Orgonomy. Orgonomy is a science created and developed by
Wilhelm Reich. ... Famous names are Wilhelm Reich, james deMeo, trettin,
james trevor constable, Ed Mann MD, Ludzia ... Places are the wilhelm reich
museum, orgone lab, orgone research, rangeley, orgone ...
www.orgone.org
!