Looking for U9 patches

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

I've got the official replacement installation disc, and just installed the
game with that. The FAQ mentions a " Dialogue/Monster/Economy Patch Version
1.60," as well as a " Patch v1.19,", but the site it links to for these
doesn't exist. Can someone point me to where I can download these? I
understand 1.6 re-writes the dialog, and makes changes to the currency
system, but what does 1.19 do?

--

Borat

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:26:03 GMT, "Borat" <borat@kazakhstan.org> wrote:

>I've got the official replacement installation disc, and just installed the
>game with that. The FAQ mentions a " Dialogue/Monster/Economy Patch Version
>1.60," as well as a " Patch v1.19,", but the site it links to for these
>doesn't exist. Can someone point me to where I can download these? I
>understand 1.6 re-writes the dialog, and makes changes to the currency
>system, but what does 1.19 do?

Fixes bugs and removes the copy protection.

1.19f unofficial patch
http://reconstruction.voyd.net/zips/u9ver119.zip

dialogue/monster/economy patch
http://reconstruction.voyd.net/zips/u9fanpatch160.zip

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Borat swings about and
addresses the awaiting newsgroup...

> I've got the official replacement installation disc, and just
> installed the game with that. The FAQ mentions a "
> Dialogue/Monster/Economy Patch Version 1.60," as well as a " Patch
> v1.19,", but the site it links to for these doesn't exist. Can
> someone point me to where I can download these? I understand 1.6
> re-writes the dialog, and makes changes to the currency system, but
> what does 1.19 do?

http://reconstruction.voyd.net/
http://aiera.timeimmortal.net/

1.19 is _apparently_ the last version of the patch worked on by the U9 dev
team before OSI/EA realised trying to fix all the problems was a waste of
time. It seems to have been released under the table by an unknown dev team
member. It fixes a number of problems left or even introduced under the
v1.18 patch, which you also need.

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e++ N T+ Om+ UK!1!2!3!4!5!6!7!'!S!'!8!9!A!L!M!W!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC++ uF uG+ uLB- uA+ nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT nS++ nT+ y

Danger Will Robinson! One of your nodes is about to fall off!
Ultima VII endgame.exe file

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 20:26:03 GMT, "Borat" <borat@kazakhstan.org> wrote:
>
>>I've got the official replacement installation disc, and just installed
>>the
>>game with that. The FAQ mentions a " Dialogue/Monster/Economy Patch
>>Version
>>1.60," as well as a " Patch v1.19,", but the site it links to for these
>>doesn't exist. Can someone point me to where I can download these? I
>>understand 1.6 re-writes the dialog, and makes changes to the currency
>>system, but what does 1.19 do?
>
> Fixes bugs and removes the copy protection.
>
> 1.19f unofficial patch
> http://reconstruction.voyd.net/zips/u9ver119.zip
>
> dialogue/monster/economy patch
> http://reconstruction.voyd.net/zips/u9fanpatch160.zip

Thanks Michael and Paulon. I've downloaded the patches. How do I see my
current version #?

- Adam

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:01:21 GMT, "Borat" <borat@kazakhstan.org> wrote:

>Thanks Michael and Paulon. I've downloaded the patches. How do I see my
>current version #?

Once you get your journal from the coffee table in the living room, open
it and I think the version is on the table of contents page. Somewhere in
the journal anyhow.