how to change the folders initial display in Win Explorer

When I open Win Explorer by clicking the shortcut on my desktop, I get the
usual folders display in the left pane:
My Documents (expanded)
My Computer
My Network Places
Recycle Bin

I'd like to get that same display except I'd like My Computer to be expanded
(ie as if I clicked on the '+' sign to expand the folder). I'd like this to
happen automatically when I open Win Explorer. I think there might be a way
to do this by modifying the Properties of the Win Explorer shortcut, but I
can't remember it.

thanks for any help.
1 answer Last reply
More about change folders initial display explorer

    wheat66 wrote:

    > When I open Win Explorer by clicking the shortcut on my desktop, I get the
    > usual folders display in the left pane:
    > My Documents (expanded)
    > My Computer
    > My Network Places
    > Recycle Bin
    >
    > I'd like to get that same display except I'd like My Computer to be expanded
    > (ie as if I clicked on the '+' sign to expand the folder). I'd like this to
    > happen automatically when I open Win Explorer. I think there might be a way
    > to do this by modifying the Properties of the Win Explorer shortcut, but I
    > can't remember it.
    >
    > thanks for any help.

    How To Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User