how to change the folders initial display in Win Explorer

When I open Win Explorer by clicking the shortcut on my desktop, I get the
usual folders display in the left pane:
My Documents (expanded)
My Computer
My Network Places
Recycle Bin

I'd like to get that same display except I'd like My Computer to be expanded
(ie as if I clicked on the '+' sign to expand the folder). I'd like this to
happen automatically when I open Win Explorer. I think there might be a way
to do this by modifying the Properties of the Win Explorer shortcut, but I
can't remember it.

thanks for any help.

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

wheat66 wrote:

> When I open Win Explorer by clicking the shortcut on my desktop, I get the
> usual folders display in the left pane:
> My Documents (expanded)
> My Computer
> My Network Places
> Recycle Bin
>
> I'd like to get that same display except I'd like My Computer to be expanded
> (ie as if I clicked on the '+' sign to expand the folder). I'd like this to
> happen automatically when I open Win Explorer. I think there might be a way
> to do this by modifying the Properties of the Win Explorer shortcut, but I
> can't remember it.
>
> thanks for any help.

How To Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307856

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User