Can't find updates

June 11, 2005 12:25:02 PM

When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?

More about : find updates

Anonymous
June 11, 2005 1:17:01 PM

Before opening updates,go to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to
windows installer,double click,set to auto from manual,then start service,
close out,go to updates.Yes you should recieve a list of updates after it
scans,if none are needed,a 0 updates per catagory will be displayed.

"ST" wrote:

> When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
> updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
> Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
> are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?
June 11, 2005 2:15:57 PM

ST wrote:

> When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
> updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
> Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
> are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?

It would be best if you post this question to the experts in the windows
update newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Andrew E. wrote:

> Before opening updates,go to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to
> windows installer,double click,set to auto from manual,then start service,
> close out,go to updates.Yes you should recieve a list of updates after it
> scans,if none are needed,a 0 updates per catagory will be displayed.
>
> "ST" wrote:
>

>>When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
>>updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
>>Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
>>are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?

Nonsense. It was nothing to do with windows installer being in
automatic vs manual startup.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User