Can't find updates

When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?
5 answers Last reply
More about find updates

    Before opening updates,go to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to
    windows installer,double click,set to auto from manual,then start service,
    close out,go to updates.Yes you should recieve a list of updates after it
    scans,if none are needed,a 0 updates per catagory will be displayed.

    ST wrote:

    > When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
    > updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
    > Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
    > are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?

    It would be best if you post this question to the experts in the windows
    update newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsupdate

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Andrew E. wrote:

    > Before opening updates,go to run,type:services.msc In msc scroll down to
    > windows installer,double click,set to auto from manual,then start service,
    > close out,go to updates.Yes you should recieve a list of updates after it
    > scans,if none are needed,a 0 updates per catagory will be displayed.
    >
    > "ST" wrote:
    >

    >>When I go to Windows Update screen and it tells you it is searching for
    >>updates and it could take a minute or two, well that is where it stops.
    >>Nothing happens after that. Why won't my computer find the updates? If there
    >>are no updates, shouldn't I get a message saying so?

    Nonsense. It was nothing to do with windows installer being in
    automatic vs manual startup.

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User