Ultima Pagan question

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

My question is has anyone finished Pagan without using cheats or any type of
walk through? I've tried playing Pagan, and at times I can't imagine being
able to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do. I'm used to getting
stuck in games, but I'm usually able to figure out what it is I'm supposed
to do. Not so with Pagan.

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:08:20 GMT, "The Diabolical Mr. Z"
<rob_z5937@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My question is has anyone finished Pagan without using cheats or any type of
>walk through? I've tried playing Pagan, and at times I can't imagine being
>able to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do. I'm used to getting
>stuck in games, but I'm usually able to figure out what it is I'm supposed
>to do. Not so with Pagan.

When it first came out, before the patch even, I finished it. I missed
some things and got stuck for a long time over the location of someone's
tomb but I've forgotten all that now. I guess I can replay it. Yippee!

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.series (More info?)

"The Diabolical Mr. Z" <rob_z5937@yahoo.com> wrote:
>My question is has anyone finished Pagan without using cheats or any type of
>walk through? I've tried playing Pagan, and at times I can't imagine being
>able to figure out exactly what I'm supposed to do. I'm used to getting
>stuck in games, but I'm usually able to figure out what it is I'm supposed
>to do. Not so with Pagan.

I can not remember for sure I may have needed a little hint here or
there to complete Pagan my memory fails me. However, I am pretty sure
I managed to finish the game before going on-line and looking at any
walkthroughs. However, I missed a great many sidequests and such that
I did need the walkthrough for (like the ghost armour subplot).
Actually, I also managed to create a rather bizarre alternate plot for
the thing thanks to a weird error by which I managed to get the Breath
of Wind without going through the appropriate sub-plot.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a26, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

The Diabolical Mr. Z wrote:

> My question is has anyone finished Pagan without using cheats or any type
> of walk through?

Yes, although my brother was also playing it at the same time, and he is
possessed of nearly superhuman intelligence. I got a lot of info from him,
particularly about the spell systems, but I was also trying my hardest to
catch up and win the game first ;-)

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org