Sony x111es

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
February 28, 2005 2:23:39 AM

Hi Guys- I am having problems with a sony cd player. When the disk is loaded
the player shows "no disk". The motor that spins the disk does not seem to
start.
Does anyone have the service manual for this cd player? Or is there a simple
fix for this prblem?
Thanks in advance,
Brad

More about : sony x111es

Anonymous
March 1, 2005 3:54:29 AM

Brad wrote:

> Hi Guys- I am having problems with a sony cd player. When the disk is loaded
> the player shows "no disk". The motor that spins the disk does not seem to
> start.
> Does anyone have the service manual for this cd player? Or is there a simple
> fix for this prblem?
> Thanks in advance,
> Brad

Two frequent problems can result in this symptom. One, a spindle motor
with a "dead" spot on the commutator. As a test, you may be able to get
such a motor to start by spinning the disc with a finger immediately
after it loads. Often fixable by getting access to the bottom of the
motor and spraying a good contact cleaner such as Deoxit-5 from Caig,
into slots usually found in the bottom of the motor. The other, a bad
laser; if the photodiodes in the optical pickup don't see a recognizable
reflection, the control circuitry never sends the signal for the spindle
motor to start.

-GP
!