Treo sync with old Clie database

August 10, 2004 12:37:22 AM

Okay, I tried it a different direction.
With the Clie software all deinstalled,
I started the Treo hotsync, synced the
clie to the Treo database on the PC, then put
the Treo in its holder and synced it
from the PC database.

Then I inspected the Treo.

Todos got transferred.
Dates/Appts got transferred.

However, contacts did not!!!

Do I have to reenter all my contacts PalmOne??????

Grrrrr...

Stuart
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 3:25:38 AM

Hi Stuart,

You can try different things to transfer your data to the Treo:

1) if you still have your old Clie, using a file manager on the Clie
try to beam the "AddressDB" file to the Treo. If it works, overwrite
your (empty) existing AddressDB file with your old data and you should
be done with it. Make sure that the first hotsync doesn't erase your
data by chosing the "Palm overwrites Desktop" for the Address
conduit's next hotsync setup in the hotsync application, though. Also
make sure that subsequent hotsyncs work OK (you'd hate to discover in
6 months that the hotsync didn't work for the address book and that
you lost some contacts due to this!)

2) if this isn't possible, then try to re-install your old desktop &
data on the PC, then export all your address book records using the
"File->Export..." menu in the Palm Desktop, and after de-installing
the Sony Palm Desktop and installing the Handspring/PalmOne version
that comes with your Treo, use "File->Import..." to get your contact
loaded onto your Treo.

Hope this helps...

Patrick Robbe
!