4 way digital audio switch

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
March 2, 2005 5:04:51 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to find a switch box with 4 coax inputs and one or two coax outputs.

Who can help?

thanks,

Harold

More about : digital audio switch

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 4:36:22 AM

"Harold" <harjac@skynet.be> wrote in message
news:D 037030sh1@news1.newsguy.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to find a switch box with 4 coax inputs and one or two coax
> outputs.

What you need is a 4 to 1 A/V switch box. Just ignore the audio part, and
use the video connection for your digital signal. I'm sure RadShack has
one.

Norm Strong
Anonymous
March 4, 2005 4:04:26 AM

In article <d05pmm01dvj@news4.newsguy.com>, <normanstrong@comcast.net>
wrote:

> "Harold" <harjac@skynet.be> wrote in message
> news:D 037030sh1@news1.newsguy.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to find a switch box with 4 coax inputs and one or two coax
> > outputs.
>
> What you need is a 4 to 1 A/V switch box. Just ignore the audio part, and
> use the video connection for your digital signal. I'm sure RadShack has
> one.
>
> Norm Strong

I have also seen a 4 input 2 output TOSLINK switch with
remote control for around $50 on E-bay. While this isn't
coax, many digital audio connections have the option to
run either coax or fiber-optic.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708 john@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications http://www.johnweeks.com
March 5, 2005 10:22:35 PM

Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro wrote:
> John A. Weeks III <john@johnweeks.com> wrote:
>>> "Harold" <harjac@skynet.be> wrote in message
>>> news:D 037030sh1@news1.newsguy.com...

> I bought at my local electronics shop a 4-way switch for stereo
> (so 8 coax inputs and 2 outputs). So, if you ignore half the
> connectors, it should work for digital connections, I think.
>
> Something like this:
> http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/SWITCH1.html
>
> although mine is more compact. In fact, very similar to this one:
> http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr3360.html
>
> Since this has only one output, you could use a splitter
> (Y-connector) to make two outputs:
>
> http://www.cybermarket.co.uk/ishop/923/shopscr1968.html

You should not use a Y-splitter for video signals or digital SPDIF
signals: they use 75-ohm transmission lines and are terminated in 75
ohms impedances.
March 23, 2005 4:40:21 AM

Ok, finally I bought the ZEKTOR DVS5.1 and the device is really
transparent, inaudible switching between inputs and even programmable!
great, comes at a price though... but worth every penny.

Harold

!