Windows XP Professional x64 Edition / Pentium-4 / 3.2 Mhz ..

Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
"Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
3.2 Mhz with HT Technology

Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
6 answers Last reply
More about windows professional edition pentium

    Paul wrote:
    > Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    > "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    > 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology

    No, that's not a 64-bit motherboard or CPU.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Thanks for your help Bruce and to you all, and I'm sorry about posting in
    the wrong group, I didn't know about the new 64bit-specific newsgroup : (

    Regards
    Paul

    "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
    > Paul wrote:
    >> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    >> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    >> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
    >>

    > No, that's not a 64-bit motherboard or CPU.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    Please visit the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Paul" wrote:

    | Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    | "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    | 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
    |
    | Pros and cons?
    |
    | Thanks in advance,
    | Paul
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    You can post your query to this 64bit-specific newsgroup, Paul:

    I have crossposted my response there.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Paul wrote:
    > Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    > "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    > 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
    >
    > Pros and cons?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Paul
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Also check out the FAQs for x64 and what you are in for:
    https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/faqs.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    > You can post your query to this 64bit-specific newsgroup, Paul:

    > I have crossposted my response there.
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > Paul wrote:
    >> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    >> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    >> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
    >>
    >> Pros and cons?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >> Paul

    Your MB supported processors as follows:(From www.intel.com/support)

    The Intel® Desktop Board D925XCV supports a single Intel® processor in an
    LGA775 socket. See the table below for a complete list of supported
    processors.

    Warning: Processors not specifically listed by type and rated speed may have
    requirements that are not supported by the desktop board's design. Use of
    unsupported processors may result in improper operation, damage to the
    desktop board or processor, or reduced product life.

    Processor Family Processor Number Processor Speed System Bus Frequency L2
    Cache Size L3 Cache Size BIOS Version
    Intel® Pentium® 4
    Extreme Edition 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 512 KB 2 MB 0183 or greater
    Intel® Pentium® 4 660 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
    650 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
    640 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
    630 3 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
    570J 3.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    560J 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    560 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
    550J 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    550 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
    540J 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    540 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
    530J 3 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    530 3 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
    520J 2.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
    520 2.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater

    Use of unsupported processors may result in improper operation, damage to
    the desktop board or processor, or reduced product life. Except as provided
    in Intel's Terms and conditions of Sale for such products, INTEL ASSUMES NO
    LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY,
    RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF THE INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR
    WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR
    INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.

    Redwagon. (Bruce is correct by the way)

    "Paul" wrote:

    > Thanks for your help Bruce and to you all, and I'm sorry about posting in
    > the wrong group, I didn't know about the new 64bit-specific newsgroup : (
    >
    > Regards
    > Paul
    >

    > "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
    > > Paul wrote:
    > >> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
    > >> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
    > >> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
    > >>

    > > No, that's not a 64-bit motherboard or CPU.
    > >

    > > --
    > >
    > > Bruce Chambers
    > >
    > > Help us help you:
    > > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >
    > > You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
    > > both at once. - RAH

Pentium X64 Windows XP