Windows XP Professional x64 Edition / Pentium-4 / 3.2 Mhz ..

Paul

Splendid

Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
"Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
3.2 Mhz with HT Technology

Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Paul wrote:
> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology

No, that's not a 64-bit motherboard or CPU.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Paul

Splendid

Thanks for your help Bruce and to you all, and I'm sorry about posting in
the wrong group, I didn't know about the new 64bit-specific newsgroup : (

Regards
Paul

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@h0tmail.c0m> wrote in message
> Paul wrote:
>> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
>> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
>> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
>>

> No, that's not a 64-bit motherboard or CPU.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Please visit the new Windows 64-bit newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Paul" wrote:

| Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
| "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
| 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
|
| Pros and cons?
|
| Thanks in advance,
| Paul

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

You can post your query to this 64bit-specific newsgroup, Paul:

I have crossposted my response there.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Paul wrote:
> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
>
> Pros and cons?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Also check out the FAQs for x64 and what you are in for:
https://microsoft.productorder.com/clientx64/faqs.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> You can post your query to this 64bit-specific newsgroup, Paul:

> I have crossposted my response there.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> Paul wrote:
>> Does Windows XP Professional x64 Edition works with the
>> "Intel D925XCV Extreme Edition mother board", with Pentium-4
>> 3.2 Mhz with HT Technology
>>
>> Pros and cons?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Paul

Your MB supported processors as follows:(From www.intel.com/support)

The Intel® Desktop Board D925XCV supports a single Intel® processor in an
LGA775 socket. See the table below for a complete list of supported
processors.

Warning: Processors not specifically listed by type and rated speed may have
requirements that are not supported by the desktop board's design. Use of
unsupported processors may result in improper operation, damage to the
desktop board or processor, or reduced product life.

Processor Family Processor Number Processor Speed System Bus Frequency L2
Cache Size L3 Cache Size BIOS Version
Intel® Pentium® 4
Extreme Edition 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 512 KB 2 MB 0183 or greater
Intel® Pentium® 4 660 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
650 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
640 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
630 3 GHz 800 MHz 2 MB 0404 or greater
570J 3.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
560J 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
560 3.60 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
550J 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
550 3.40 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
540J 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
540 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
530J 3 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
530 3 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater
520J 2.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0338 or greater
520 2.80 GHz 800 MHz 1 MB 0183 or greater

Use of unsupported processors may result in improper operation, damage to
the desktop board or processor, or reduced product life. Except as provided
in Intel's Terms and conditions of Sale for such products, INTEL ASSUMES NO
LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, AND INTEL DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY,
RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF THE INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR
WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR
INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.

Redwagon. (Bruce is correct by the way)