Mercurial

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
I bought two sticks of Kingston ValueRAM the other day for my dual channel motherboard. While I thought they were 2 sticks of 512mb, they appear to be 2 stick totalling 512mb. I don't know my about dual channel and RAM but they seems to be very expensive for what it is. I can get two stick of 512mb RAM in two separate packages for the price it cost me. Am I missing something? Did I get ripped off? BTW...I've tested them in single channel and they certainly don't appear to be 512.

G

They shoudl still appear as 1024. That probly means one of the 2 stick aint recognized and its runnin in single channel anywayz with only 1 stick.
Give us your motherboard chipset and brand might help us solving your problem.

ZZSpaceman

Distinguished
May 27, 2003
Check the part number against the description on the Kingston Web site. If you were mistakenly given the 256 MB parts I would return them ASAP. They all look alike so I could see how a mistake could be made if the sales person got a little careless.

ZZSpaceman

Mercurial

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003
Hmmmm...looks like a case of poor labeling. Is there any reason why I would keep these two stick sold together rather than return them and get two sticks of 512mb (sold seperately) for the same price?