Dragon setups

Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
> I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
> setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.

You guys are so neat....

--
Ashikaga a26

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
Mine doesn't show up.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:26:35 GMT, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman@verizon.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
>Mine doesn't show up.

Did you click refresh or reload? It's there.

--

Polychromic wrote:
> Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
> I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
> setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.

Do you like that Ott light (or whatever it's called)? The one above
your monitor.

--
/\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
(/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:38:16 -0600, Lost Dragon
<lost-dragon@tulsacoxmail.com> wrote:

>Polychromic wrote:
>> Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>> I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>> setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
>
>Do you like that Ott light (or whatever it's called)? The one above
>your monitor.

Eclipse light? I got it for Christmas actually. They bought it at
ThinkGeek. It's a nice light but I did have to take it apart a couple
weeks ago and replace the switch. $1 at Radio Shack. I wasn't using it
all that much so I guess the old switch was just a bit flaky. This is the
fancier model that you can't get anymore apparently. The original model
(the Workstation) is still being sold though. I just liked how the
reflector was supported on both sides instead of only one like the
Workstation model has.

Of course, if you look behind it you see a black cord going up out of the
picture. It goes to a big fluorescent light that I can turn on if I need
a LOT of light. Never bother to do that however.

--

wrote:

>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.

How can you work like that? I don't mean the mess -- my desk is way
messier than anything there. I just mean there's no room to do
anything. For that matter, how can you work with that red muppet
watching over you?

Mine's just *way* too messy to take a picture of. I don't even mind
some mess, but this is way over the top right now. Maybe once it
looks like merely a messy human instead of a monkey....

--

Erimess Dragon
-==(UDIC)==-

d++e+NT++Om UK!1!2!3!A!L!
U+uCuFuG+++uLB+uA+ nC+nH+nP+nS++nT-xa2

This is the comfort of everyone: That tho' they
may be said to die, yet their love and devotion
are, in best sense, ever present because immortal.
~William Penn
In memory of my father, 1 Jan 05

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:04:25 -0500, erimess wrote:

>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
>
>How can you work like that? I don't mean the mess -- my desk is way
>messier than anything there. I just mean there's no room to do
>anything. For that matter, how can you work with that red muppet
>watching over you?

Well, I can slide my keyboards out of the way under the monitors if I need
more room, like when I'm dissecting a cat or upgrading a laptop.

Red muppet? That's a *mirror*!!

--

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:11:22 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:26:35 GMT, Optician Dragon
><DragonLensman@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>>>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>>>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
>>Mine doesn't show up.
>
>Did you click refresh or reload? It's there.
Ah yes, that did it. I had cleaned my browser cache, so I assumed it
would have loaded the new page.
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

In article <40hf41tmitarip0g5p2h0qt3rclof7m1km@4ax.com>,
macecil@comcast.net says...
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:38:16 -0600, Lost Dragon
> <lost-dragon@tulsacoxmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Polychromic wrote:
> >> Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
> >> I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
> >> setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
> >
> >Do you like that Ott light (or whatever it's called)? The one above
> >your monitor.
>
> Eclipse light? I got it for Christmas actually. They bought it at
> ThinkGeek. It's a nice light but I did have to take it apart a couple
> weeks ago and replace the switch. $1 at Radio Shack. I wasn't using it
> all that much so I guess the old switch was just a bit flaky. This is the
> fancier model that you can't get anymore apparently. The original model
> (the Workstation) is still being sold though. I just liked how the
> reflector was supported on both sides instead of only one like the
> Workstation model has.

The Eclipse is probably the best desk light I have ever had.

> Of course, if you look behind it you see a black cord going up out of the
> picture. It goes to a big fluorescent light that I can turn on if I need
> a LOT of light. Never bother to do that however.

What is that, an A+ certification hanging on the wall over there?

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:09:27 -0800, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
wrote:

>What is that, an A+ certification hanging on the wall over there?

Hmmm, that one is the useless Security+ cert. I've got other ones on that
wall. They're pretty useless if you ask me. Kind of like asking some
famous author to take a literacy test. If you get a chance to take them
for free, go for it but don't pay for them.

--

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:39:18 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:04:25 -0500, erimess wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer setup,
>>>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
>>>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
>>
>>How can you work like that? I don't mean the mess -- my desk is way
>>messier than anything there. I just mean there's no room to do
>>anything. For that matter, how can you work with that red muppet
>>watching over you?
>
>Well, I can slide my keyboards out of the way under the monitors if I need
>more room, like when I'm dissecting a cat or upgrading a laptop.
>
>Red muppet? That's a *mirror*!!

That explains a lot of things.

I did go over to my neighbor friend's once, when in college, and she
was dissecting a cat in the middle of the living room floor. Really.
She was pre-med. She did open the door rather cautiously.

--

"Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:26:35 GMT, Optician Dragon
> <DragonLensman@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:16 -0600, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>Since Optician was nice enough to send me a picture of his computer
setup,
> >>I posted it on his page in the RGCUD gallery. I posted one of my own
> >>setup as well. Messy, isn't it? See the sig for the URL.
> >Mine doesn't show up.
>
> Did you click refresh or reload? It's there.

D'oh!

I've been to your page a few times and until now it never occured to me to
actually click on what turned out to be thumbnails <sheepish grin>.

Heh, my setup looks like an austere Protestant church next to yours, :)

- GSD

Eek! Polychromic wrote:
> thehawk wrote:
>
>>What is that, an A+ certification hanging on the wall over there?
>
> Hmmm, that one is the useless Security+ cert. I've got other ones on that
> wall. They're pretty useless if you ask me. Kind of like asking some
> famous author to take a literacy test. If you get a chance to take them
> for free, go for it but don't pay for them.

But sometimes people only hire people with certification. I know lots of
stock/bond brokers must have some sort of certification to get a job, or
otherwise I would get into that business with ease (though I'm not a big
fan of managing other people's money, which usually involves with ethical
dilemmas).

--
Ashikaga a26

Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
> "Polychromic" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 02:26:35 GMT, Optician Dragon
>><DragonLensman@verizon.net> wrote:

> setup,

Just saw your Yet Another RGCUD Photo Gallery, Poly...

Shattered SO many illusions...

Trying to find these desktop pics you speak of, with no success.

-Lumina Dragon

Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
<snip>
> Just saw your Yet Another RGCUD Photo Gallery, Poly...
>
> Shattered SO many illusions...
>
> Trying to find these desktop pics you speak of, with no success.

Click on our mug shots. I didn't post my desk top, so you'd only see me.
Those are older pictures though. I keep changing styles so I think I need
to update it soon.

So what mental images you have for us? (*stares at Lumina with curiosity*)
Anyways, you won't treat us any different are you? But Poly is always a
brute no matter how you look at him. Click on him and you'll see his true
nature.

--
Ashikaga a26

Ashikaga wrote:
> Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>Just saw your Yet Another RGCUD Photo Gallery, Poly...
>>
>>Shattered SO many illusions...
>>
>>Trying to find these desktop pics you speak of, with no success.
>

> Click on our mug shots. I didn't post my desk top, so you'd only see me.
> Those are older pictures though. I keep changing styles so I think I need
> to update it soon.
>
> So what mental images you have for us? (*stares at Lumina with curiosity*)
> Anyways, you won't treat us any different are you? But Poly is always a
> brute no matter how you look at him. Click on him and you'll see his true
> nature.

Eh, you're all fine. Just surprised me, is all. Then again, few people
on here or Weyrside actually match my mental image of them.

-Lumina Dragon

Eek! Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
<snip>
>> So what mental images you have for us? (*stares at Lumina with curiosity*)
>> Anyways, you won't treat us any different are you? But Poly is always a
>> brute no matter how you look at him. Click on him and you'll see his true
>> nature.
>
> Eh, you're all fine. Just surprised me, is all. Then again, few people
> on here or Weyrside actually match my mental image of them.

So what was your mental image of me? Was it just like what you see, or was
it something else? Like what? I am very curious!

--
Ashikaga a26

Ashikaga wrote:

> So what was your mental image of me? Was it just like what you see, or
> was it something else? Like what? I am very curious!

Do you mean what colour waferboard?

--
Cape Dweller Dragon

Ashikaga wrote:

> So what was your mental image of me? Was it just like what you see, or was
> it something else? Like what? I am very curious!

You know, most of you, I never really settled on a proper expectation of
image... it's just that what I knew of people seems to clash with their
pics.

As for you, I'm not really sure I ever solidified any expectations in
the first place - when I poofed from the NG, you were still pretty new,
right? Only a few months or something?

-Lumina Dragon

Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
> Ashikaga wrote:
>>
>> So what was your mental image of me? Was it just like what you see, or was
>> it something else? Like what? I am very curious!
>
> You know, most of you, I never really settled on a proper expectation of
> image... it's just that what I knew of people seems to clash with their
> pics.
>
> As for you, I'm not really sure I ever solidified any expectations in
> the first place - when I poofed from the NG, you were still pretty new,
> right? Only a few months or something?

Not really.... I was already a dragon for a few months that's correct, but
I'd been here for a couple of years before I became a dragon.

--
Ashikaga a26