LSASS BOOT ERROR

June 12, 2005 1:28:22 AM

Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.

What can I do?.

Thanks.

More about : lsass boot error

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:28:23 AM

JP wrote:

> Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
> something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
> and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
> Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.
>
> What can I do?.
>
> Thanks.

When ever anyone mentions any type of LSASS error people jump to the
conclusion that it must be sasser worm.

Please quote the exact error message and conditions.

Steve
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 1:28:24 AM

Check this information out:

Isass
isass.exe

(???)
You have the Backdoor.Futro virus.

Note – do not confuse this with LSASS which will most times show as
“lsass� in your Task List where the first letter is in fact a lowercase “L�
rather than an “i�.

Many times people confuse "Isass.exe" with "Lsass.exe". Be sure and make a
distinction between the two. "Lsass.exe" is a file required by your operating
system and should not be deleted.

Redwagon

"Steve N." wrote:

> JP wrote:
>
> > Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
> > something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
> > and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
> > Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.
> >
> > What can I do?.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> When ever anyone mentions any type of LSASS error people jump to the
> conclusion that it must be sasser worm.
>
> Please quote the exact error message and conditions.
>
> Steve

June 12, 2005 3:49:48 AM

REDWAGON wrote:
> Check this information out:
>
> Isass
> isass.exe
>
> (???)
> You have the Backdoor.Futro virus.
>
> Note – do not confuse this with LSASS which will most times show as
> "lsass� in your Task List where the first letter is in fact a lowercase "L�
> rather than an "i�.
>
> Many times people confuse "Isass.exe" with "Lsass.exe". Be sure and make a
> distinction between the two. "Lsass.exe" is a file required by your operating
> system and should not be deleted.
>
> Redwagon

Thanks. I am aware of this. I'm still awaiting the OP's response with
details.

Steve

> "Steve N." wrote:
>

>>JP wrote:
>>

>>>Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
>>>something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
>>>and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
>>>Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.
>>>
>>>What can I do?.
>>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>

>>When ever anyone mentions any type of LSASS error people jump to the
>>conclusion that it must be sasser worm.
>>
>>Please quote the exact error message and conditions.
>>
>>Steve

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 4:08:02 PM

Well I did delete it in frustration....I updated and ran McAffee and got a
clean run. Now what, how do I re-install the file?

!