LSASS BOOT ERROR

Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.

What can I do?.

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about lsass boot error

    JP wrote:

    > Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
    > something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
    > and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
    > Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.
    >
    > What can I do?.
    >
    > Thanks.

    When ever anyone mentions any type of LSASS error people jump to the
    conclusion that it must be sasser worm.

    Please quote the exact error message and conditions.

    Steve

    Check this information out:

    Isass
    isass.exe

    (???)
    You have the Backdoor.Futro virus.

    Note – do not confuse this with LSASS which will most times show as
    “lsass� in your Task List where the first letter is in fact a lowercase “L�
    rather than an “i�.

    Many times people confuse "Isass.exe" with "Lsass.exe". Be sure and make a
    distinction between the two. "Lsass.exe" is a file required by your operating
    system and should not be deleted.

    Redwagon

    REDWAGON wrote:
    > Check this information out:
    >
    > Isass
    > isass.exe
    >
    > (???)
    > You have the Backdoor.Futro virus.
    >
    > Note – do not confuse this with LSASS which will most times show as
    > "lsass� in your Task List where the first letter is in fact a lowercase "L�
    > rather than an "i�.
    >
    > Many times people confuse "Isass.exe" with "Lsass.exe". Be sure and make a
    > distinction between the two. "Lsass.exe" is a file required by your operating
    > system and should not be deleted.
    >
    > Redwagon

    Thanks. I am aware of this. I'm still awaiting the OP's response with
    details.

    Steve

    > "Steve N." wrote:
    >

    >>JP wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hi. I have a XP Home machine. When It is booting appears a LSASS error (
    >>>something referent to one password of one account ). I searched in Internet,
    >>>and pepople say it is caused by sasser, but I analized the machine with the
    >>>Symantec Fix Tool of sasser an It is clean.
    >>>
    >>>What can I do?.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>When ever anyone mentions any type of LSASS error people jump to the
    >>conclusion that it must be sasser worm.
    >>
    >>Please quote the exact error message and conditions.
    >>
    >>Steve

    Well I did delete it in frustration....I updated and ran McAffee and got a
    clean run. Now what, how do I re-install the file?

    From: "XP_Crazy" <XP_Crazy@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Well I did delete it in frustration....I updated and ran McAffee and got a
    | clean run. Now what, how do I re-install the file?

    If the WinXP PC is running and you have no errors this may not be needed.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Boot Microsoft Windows XP