good, stable, fast RAM

G

I was thinking of upgrading to a P4 and I need some new RAM to go with it, 1GB PC3200. I don't overclock but I like to get good performance at factory settings. Can anyone recommend a brand that is stable and fast at its default settings?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Corsair has some Cas2 memory that runs at 2-2-2-6, called PC3200LL or something like that, the LL standing for Low Latency.

That assumes you'll never overclock. If there's a possibility you might in the future, consider OC7 PC3700 Copper.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Grr, they have GOT to quit changing it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Quantum

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I'm running the Kingston HyperX KHX3200K2/1G in a GA-8KNXP board. Rated at 2-2-2-6 and runs memtest/prime95 stable at 2-2-2-5 with 2.7 volts. The KHX3200AK2/1G is rated slower so make sure you are buying the correct part number.