NAD made in China

Last response: in Home Audio
March 12, 2005 6:42:37 PM

Hi,

I can't find where in China NAD is manufacturing their CD players.

I'm desesperetly looking for that address because I can't get it thru custom
without the address of their manufacturing site.

I will appreciate any kind of info/help...

Thanks in advance,
Pete.

More about : nad made china

Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:48:43 AM

Peter Parker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can't find where in China NAD is manufacturing their CD players.
>
> I'm desesperetly looking for that address because I can't get it thru custom
> without the address of their manufacturing site.
>
> I will appreciate any kind of info/help...
=================================

Have you tried calling Lenbrook in Canada, the NAD representatives?

And don't be surprised if the actual manufacturing site turns out not to
be NAD at all, but a Chinese-owned factory under contract to NAD...and
who knows what other brands they build.

-GP
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:12:44 AM

Gene Poon wrote:

> Peter Parker wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I can't find where in China NAD is manufacturing their CD players.
> >
> > I'm desesperetly looking for that address because I can't get it thru custom
> > without the address of their manufacturing site.
> >
> > I will appreciate any kind of info/help...
> =================================
>
> Have you tried calling Lenbrook in Canada, the NAD representatives?
>
> And don't be surprised if the actual manufacturing site turns out not to
> be NAD at all, but a Chinese-owned factory under contract to NAD...and
> who knows what other brands they build.

NAD's manufacturer(s) in China ( actually probably several sub-contractors ) are
indeed independent from NAD.

If my brain was working better right now I could probably name one of them - but
it eludes me now. You won't get any info out of them. I'm well acquainted with how
Western Companies use Chinese factories.

Very nearly ended up working for NAD's design team about 25 yrs ago btw ! They
baulked at my insistence that I remain self-employed.

Nice ppl back then for sure though. Best lunch I ever had at an interview too !

Graham
!