Need supplier recommendation for replacement turntable belt

Last response: in Home Audio
March 13, 2005 8:02:17 PM

Hi all,

I am in search of a good reputable supplier for a replacement belt for
my old JVC turntable.

I found one site on the internet: www.lpgear.com.

Anyone have any information on one way or another?

Thanks,

Ed
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:50:01 AM

Ed Yost wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am in search of a good reputable supplier for a replacement belt for
> my old JVC turntable.
>
> I found one site on the internet: www.lpgear.com.
>
> Anyone have any information on one way or another?

If that turntable uses the common 23.6 inch belt, any GOOD electronics
supply house (that means NOT RADIO SHACK) which carries the
Projector-Recorder Belt line can supply PRB #FRX23.6. Last time I
looked, retail was about six bucks.

-GP
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 7:15:24 AM

In article <d15bfp027ev@news1.newsguy.com>, Gene Poon <sheehans@ap.net>
wrote:

> Ed Yost wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am in search of a good reputable supplier for a replacement belt for
> > my old JVC turntable.
> >
> > I found one site on the internet: www.lpgear.com.
> >
> > Anyone have any information on one way or another?
>

> If that turntable uses the common 23.6 inch belt, any GOOD electronics
> supply house (that means NOT RADIO SHACK) which carries the
> Projector-Recorder Belt line can supply PRB #FRX23.6. Last time I
> looked, retail was about six bucks.
>
> -GP

Thanks Gene, I'll check it out.
March 19, 2005 5:43:00 AM

Ed Yost wrote:
> In article <d15bfp027ev@news1.newsguy.com>, Gene Poon
<sheehans@ap.net>
> wrote:
>
> > Ed Yost wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am in search of a good reputable supplier for a replacement
belt for
> > > my old JVC turntable.
> > >
> > > I found one site on the internet: www.lpgear.com.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any information on one way or another?
> >

> > If that turntable uses the common 23.6 inch belt, any GOOD
electronics
> > supply house (that means NOT RADIO SHACK) which carries the
> > Projector-Recorder Belt line can supply PRB #FRX23.6. Last time I
> > looked, retail was about six bucks.
> >
> > -GP
>
> Thanks Gene, I'll check it out.

I recently did a google search for turntable and cassette recorder
belts. I found a wide variation in price from about $3+ to $17+. I
ended up buying from the lowest priced. Their site is:
www.diyvcrparts.com or www.studiosoundelectronics.com

eldred
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 4:51:44 AM

In article <d1g3jk02dph@news3.newsguy.com>, eldred30@linkamerica.net
wrote:

> Ed Yost wrote:
> > In article <d15bfp027ev@news1.newsguy.com>, Gene Poon
> <sheehans@ap.net>
> > wrote:

> belt for

> > > If that turntable uses the common 23.6 inch belt, any GOOD
> electronics
> > > supply house (that means NOT RADIO SHACK) which carries the
> > > Projector-Recorder Belt line can supply PRB #FRX23.6. Last time I
> > > looked, retail was about six bucks.
> > >
> > > -GP
> >
> > Thanks Gene, I'll check it out.
>
> I recently did a google search for turntable and cassette recorder
> belts. I found a wide variation in price from about $3+ to $17+. I
> ended up buying from the lowest priced. Their site is:
> www.diyvcrparts.com or www.studiosoundelectronics.com
>
> eldred

Eldred,

Thanks for the information.