System Restore

Hi

I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
access it, it creates a restore point.

Is there any way of doing this?

Many thanks for any help.

--

Mat Wilson
7 answers Last reply

    Mat wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop
    > which when I access it, it creates a restore point.
    >
    > Is there any way of doing this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    You can download and run this utility:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

    Follow Doug's directions on how to place shortcut in convenient
    places such as you desktop.

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

    Hi Mat,

    Here's a script that will create an automatic restore point with a
    single click.
    Put the script in a safe place and create a shortcut to it on the
    desktop, Quick Launch Toolbar, or in the Start Menu for easy access.
    SysRestorePoint
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Mat wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my
    > desktop which when I access it, it creates a restore
    > point.
    > Is there any way of doing this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    Paste the following into notepad and save with a .vbs extension. Click on
    it, or a shortcut to it, to create a restore point

    rp = "Manual Restore Point"
    GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore").CreateRestorePoint rp,
    0, 100

    Jon

    "Mat" <bfg_1(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
    > access it, it creates a restore point.
    >
    > Is there any way of doing this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mat Wilson

    without the wordwrap ( rp, 0 , 100 all on one line)

    "Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in message
    > Paste the following into notepad and save with a .vbs extension. Click on
    > it, or a shortcut to it, to create a restore point
    >
    > rp = "Manual Restore Point"
    > GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore").CreateRestorePoint
    > rp, 0, 100
    >

    > Jon
    >

    > "Mat" <bfg_1(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
    >> access it, it creates a restore point.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of doing this?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any help.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mat Wilson

    Click Start button, click All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and then
    right click System Restore, then LEFT click: Send To /Desktop (create
    shortcut).

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    Mat wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
    > access it, it creates a restore point.
    >
    > Is there any way of doing this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    Single Click Creation of a System Restore Point/Runs as a Scheduled Task

    S.Sengupta wrote:
    > Click Start button, click All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and then
    > right click System Restore, then LEFT click: Send To /Desktop (create
    > shortcut).
    >
    > regards,
    > ssg MS-MVP
    >
    > Mat wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when
    >> I access it, it creates a restore point.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of doing this?
    >>
    >> Many thanks for any help.

    Thanks for the help guys.

    --

    Mat Wilson

    "Mat" <bfg_1(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
    > access it, it creates a restore point.
    >
    > Is there any way of doing this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mat Wilson

Desktops Microsoft System Restore Windows XP