System Restore

June 12, 2005 5:31:22 AM

Hi

I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
access it, it creates a restore point.

Is there any way of doing this?

Many thanks for any help.

--

Mat Wilson

More about : system restore

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:31:23 AM

Mat wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop
> which when I access it, it creates a restore point.
>
> Is there any way of doing this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.

You can download and run this utility:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

Follow Doug's directions on how to place shortcut in convenient
places such as you desktop.

Good luck

Nepatsfan
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:31:23 AM

Hi Mat,

Here's a script that will create an automatic restore point with a
single click.
Put the script in a safe place and create a shortcut to it on the
desktop, Quick Launch Toolbar, or in the Start Menu for easy access.
SysRestorePoint
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestorepoint.htm

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Mat wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my
> desktop which when I access it, it creates a restore
> point.
> Is there any way of doing this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
Related resources
June 12, 2005 5:55:45 AM

Paste the following into notepad and save with a .vbs extension. Click on
it, or a shortcut to it, to create a restore point

rp = "Manual Restore Point"
GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore").CreateRestorePoint rp,
0, 100

Jon

"Mat" <bfg_1(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 0xePYubFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
> access it, it creates a restore point.
>
> Is there any way of doing this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.
>
> --
>
> Mat Wilson

June 12, 2005 6:00:43 AM

without the wordwrap ( rp, 0 , 100 all on one line)

"Jon" <Email_Address@SomewhereOrOther.com> wrote in message
> Paste the following into notepad and save with a .vbs extension. Click on
> it, or a shortcut to it, to create a restore point
>
> rp = "Manual Restore Point"
> GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore").CreateRestorePoint
> rp, 0, 100
>

> Jon
>

> "Mat" <bfg_1(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o 0xePYubFHA.2796@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
>> access it, it creates a restore point.
>>
>> Is there any way of doing this?
>>
>> Many thanks for any help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mat Wilson

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 10:18:34 AM

Click Start button, click All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and then
right click System Restore, then LEFT click: Send To /Desktop (create
shortcut).

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

Mat wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when I
> access it, it creates a restore point.
>
> Is there any way of doing this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 10:29:49 AM

Single Click Creation of a System Restore Point/Runs as a Scheduled Task

S.Sengupta wrote:
> Click Start button, click All Programs/Accessories/System Tools and then
> right click System Restore, then LEFT click: Send To /Desktop (create
> shortcut).
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP
>
> Mat wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I would like to be able to create a shortcut on my desktop which when
>> I access it, it creates a restore point.
>>
>> Is there any way of doing this?
>>
>> Many thanks for any help.

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:20:27 PM