Save Picture As, shuts down MSN Explorer and IExplorer on ..

Have done everything .. restarted in safe mode and disabled Ie Addons ....
scanned with norton ... I am so tired of this WinXP taking away all control
of all the abilities I used to have. Pay for a subscription to a wire photo
service and now can not even save any of the photos I need. This is abysmal
- and I am resorting to anger at this program and the fact there have been no
simple answers at all to any of the questions and problems. I blame
Microsoft for creating a program that is so far beyond what Windows 98SE was
and so completely different.
I need help and not for one of the "advisors" here .. to chastise my English
grammar .... like what is all I have gotten so far. If anyone know of any
site or person who would even take money to help a WinXPSP2 new computer user
.... I would appreciate it.

I know about Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-028: Buffer Overrun in JPEG
Processing (GDI+) Could Allow Code Execution (833987)
But this bulletin supposedly does not apply to WinXPSP2 or at least the
"cures" for it are all for WinXP SP1 and WinXP. I realized that probably
because I copied my Picture It 7 to my WinXPSP2 from my Windows 98SE computer
... that maybe this was the hold that there was that meant everytime I try to
save a picture while on the internet, everything closes but my connection.

So I copied the one part of that bulletin above and its fix for Picture It
7. But what I will do is to uninstall that Picture It 7 and just keep my
Picture It 9. I won't apply the fix for 7 but after the uninstall, I will
see if going on the Internet and trying to save a picture under the right
click "Save As" - if that still closes down MSN Explorer and IExplorer. If
it does I will have no idea what then to do.

It did not work ... I applied or tried to apply the fix that was not even
for WinXPSP2 and then started in safe mode and disabled add-ons ... I came
back online and could not save any photo upon right clicking. Both MSN
Explorer closed which is a program that from the beginning ... even when I
had Win98SE ... was a pain in the butt. But also IExplorer closes ... the
only thing that does not happen is my modem connection is not disconnected.
3 answers Last reply
More about save picture shuts explorer iexplorer

    I am sorry for the bad attitude in this post. I realize it will not get me
    any help ... I have found Windows XP way too difficult to understand and be
    able to use any of my programs the way I used to. I have not even started to
    install Office from my Windows 98 SE computer because of the huge amount of
    information that I have that tells me I will not be able to install it
    correctly with all of the updates, and my configurations, etc.
    I don't know how other people have transferred into this Windows XP with
    success.

    sbc wrote:

    > I am sorry for the bad attitude in this post. I realize it will not
    > get me any help ... I have found Windows XP way too difficult to
    > understand and be
    > able to use any of my programs the way I used to. I have not even

    (snip)

    Here's what you need to do: call a computer professional. Do not go to
    your local equivalent of BigStoreUSA. Ask friends and colleagues for
    the name of someone they like and trust. Or look in the Yellow Pages.
    Have that person look at your machine and put it right. I'm not sure
    why you felt you had to update to XP, and from your posts I rather
    suspect your machine was quite old and possibly should *not* have been
    upgraded. However, it doesn't matter. You need to deal with the way
    things are now.

    The local pro may tell you to just get a new computer. S/he may just put
    the computer back to Win98. I don't know. Whatever - you can also have
    that person give you some lessons if you go to XP. This is not an issue
    that you are going to be able to solve by posting in a newsgroup.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Of course that was nice you replied ... "Elephant Boy Computers" (what a
    great name) ... and I am sorry it was not clear that I truely am not a
    beginner and really spent years researching and trying to understand Win98SE
    by myself. I come from a family of computer whizzes and math guys even if I
    have no contact with them ... I really got excited shelling out the most
    money ever for a new computer and only bought the WinXPSP2 Operating System
    software because my Win98SE was considered "old" and nothing new was being
    designed for it. With all of that said and even the fact that I learned some
    basic LAN and have my Win98SE system hooked up to my WinXP system but they
    are 2 separate computers .... with all of that said and done .... I still say
    this WinXPSP2 is poorly designed for anyone who came from 98SE with any
    expectations it would be similar.

    If you know of a computer guy ... who also understands the myriad amount of
    spyware, adware, virusware and processing and registry software that one is
    bombarded with to obtain these days in addition to their multilayered
    WinXPSP2 for (how many users do they expect each household to have .. how
    about for just the one single user like personal computers used to be
    designed for ... I would rather now have the multi directories of Windows
    Applications on mine .. with the 2000 services and programs and possible user
    definitions etc. etc.)
    well please give me a email ring. because I have bought the extra programs
    and I have spent way too much time just trying to decipher which directory I
    am saving to (is it the Owner ... the User ... or the System Information
    Windows directory?) in this terrible system I now have.
    Oh ... and I think MSN and Microsoft deserve to try and answer some of these
    questions ... because I have put out about $2000.00 now ... and somehow with
    the basic computer things that is all I want to do ... along with "Save As" a
    picture from the web without my MSN Explorer browser crashing and closing and
    my IExplorer browser crashing and closing - I think I might just be like a
    few other people.

    Thanks again for being the only one to even answer. My sarcasm prior to
    this ... was not directed at you. I sincerely do mean thanks. My posts are
    too long but when I type as fast as my head (like we all have this problem I
    know) my sentences come out in a way where some moderator here felt he had to
    give me a grammatical lecture and that was all. Thanks .. really.

    "Malke" wrote:

    > sbc wrote:
    >
    > > I am sorry for the bad attitude in this post. I realize it will not
    > > get me any help ... I have found Windows XP way too difficult to
    > > understand and be
    > > able to use any of my programs the way I used to. I have not even
    > >
    > (snip)
    >
    > Here's what you need to do: call a computer professional. Do not go to
    > your local equivalent of BigStoreUSA. Ask friends and colleagues for
    > the name of someone they like and trust. Or look in the Yellow Pages.
    > Have that person look at your machine and put it right. I'm not sure
    > why you felt you had to update to XP, and from your posts I rather
    > suspect your machine was quite old and possibly should *not* have been
    > upgraded. However, it doesn't matter. You need to deal with the way
    > things are now.
    >
    > The local pro may tell you to just get a new computer. S/he may just put
    > the computer back to Win98. I don't know. Whatever - you can also have
    > that person give you some lessons if you go to XP. This is not an issue
    > that you are going to be able to solve by posting in a newsgroup.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com