TV ON MY PC

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

It took me a little while to figure out where this server was
after I lost it.

Everything still shuts down when I use WMP (whatever
version). I don't understand the jargon behind all the dll, and
com, and ppp and screwyou files. This never happened before six
weeks ago. I've deleted, chucked, and re-installed how many
files I have no idea.

I don't even know how to re-install WinXP. At this point,
I'm ready to take an axe to the CPU.

--

==============================
Paul J. Chiasson

    I've been there and was close to wielding that axe (actually I was going to
    use a sledge hammer) but this was in the early days of Windows 95. Take my
    advice and find someone who knows something about PCs and become their best
    friend. At least they will keep you from losing your temper. Good Luck!.
    Terry

    <paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > It took me a little while to figure out where this server was after I lost
    > it.
    >
    > Everything still shuts down when I use WMP (whatever version). I don't
    > understand the jargon behind all the dll, and com, and ppp and screwyou
    > files. This never happened before six weeks ago. I've deleted, chucked,
    > and re-installed how many files I have no idea.
    >
    > I don't even know how to re-install WinXP. At this point, I'm ready to
    > take an axe to the CPU.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ==============================
    > Paul J. Chiasson
    > http://chefpaul.stsams.org/
    > chefpaul@chefpaul.stsams.org
    > paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca
    > ==============================

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

    Maybe you could try asking in..........

    Windows Media Player Newsgroup:

    That would be my choice.
    --
    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

    <paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > It took me a little while to figure out where this server was after I lost
    > it.
    >
    > Everything still shuts down when I use WMP (whatever version). I don't
    > understand the jargon behind all the dll, and com, and ppp and screwyou
    > files. This never happened before six weeks ago. I've deleted, chucked,
    > and re-installed how many files I have no idea.
    >
    > I don't even know how to re-install WinXP. At this point, I'm ready to
    > take an axe to the CPU.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ==============================
    > Paul J. Chiasson
    > http://chefpaul.stsams.org/
    > chefpaul@chefpaul.stsams.org
    > paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca
    > ==============================

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

    I think the "TV on My PC" thing doesn't play nice with WMP10, myself.

    Most of the original thread/posts:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/5ed0f7383e8c139a/d1fe36bdd0972aa3?q=tv+on+my+pc&rnum=1&hl=en#d1fe36bdd0972aa3
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    Bruce Hagen wrote:
    > Maybe you could try asking in..........
    >
    > Windows Media Player Newsgroup:
    >
    > That would be my choice.
    >
    > <paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >> It took me a little while to figure out where this server was after I
    >> lost
    >> it.
    >>
    >> Everything still shuts down when I use WMP (whatever version). I
    >> don't
    >> understand the jargon behind all the dll, and com, and ppp and screwyou
    >> files. This never happened before six weeks ago. I've deleted, chucked,
    >> and re-installed how many files I have no idea.
    >>
    >> I don't even know how to re-install WinXP. At this point, I'm ready
    >> take an axe to the CPU.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> ==============================
    >> Paul J. Chiasson
    >> http://chefpaul.stsams.org/
    >> chefpaul@chefpaul.stsams.org
    >> paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca
    >> ==============================
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

    I have managed to get TV ON MY PC working on RealPlayer, though I
    still get the same error message when I test for WMP (9 or 10).
    For all intents and purposes, RealPlayer gives the same picture
    and sound quality, I just have to figure out the controls for
    that function.

    I would like to know what's wrong with WMP, though. I don't
    like knowing that my system has flaws that I can't fix or manage
    to isolate from interfering with other functions, programmes, and
    spam/trojans/virii.

    --

    ==============================

    >I think the "TV on My PC" thing doesn't play nice with WMP10,
    >myself.
    >
    > Most of the original thread/posts:
    > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/5ed0f7383e8c139a/d1fe36bdd0972aa3?q=tv+on+my+pc&rnum=1&hl=en#d1fe36bdd0972aa3
    > --
    > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
    >
    > Bruce Hagen wrote:
    >> Maybe you could try asking in..........
    >>
    >> Windows Media Player Newsgroup:
    >>
    >> That would be my choice.
    >>
    >> <paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    >>> It took me a little while to figure out where this server was
    >>> after I lost
    >>> it.
    >>>
    >>> Everything still shuts down when I use WMP (whatever
    >>> version). I don't
    >>> understand the jargon behind all the dll, and com, and ppp
    >>> and screwyou
    >>> files. This never happened before six weeks ago. I've
    >>> deleted, chucked,
    >>> and re-installed how many files I have no idea.
    >>>
    >>> I don't even know how to re-install WinXP. At this point,
    >>> I'm ready to
    >>> take an axe to the CPU.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> ==============================
    >>> Paul J. Chiasson
    >>> http://chefpaul.stsams.org/
    >>> chefpaul@chefpaul.stsams.org
    >>> paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca
    >>> ==============================

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (More info?)

    For some reason, it is now working. I updated RealPlayer last
    night, and then this afternoon, after church, I ran through all
    the "Preference" tabs and reset defaults, then tested things like
    KBPS speeds, connection/reception formats, and especially checked
    functions that might let the use of one player override/rule the
    default functions of another.

    Really, I don't know if any of that made the difference, it
    was actually a matter of checking/unchecking this box or that,
    re-setting speeds, functions, etc., so I can't really understand
    why it works, just that it does. If you ever have similar
    problems, try updating and re-setting functions and speeds
    accordingly between two or more (ie RealPlayer; WMP) systems.

    Thanks. I'll stick about just to keep track of solutions and
    problems that might be useful to review.

    --

    ==============================

    >I have managed to get TV ON MY PC working on RealPlayer, though
    >I still get the same error message when I test for WMP (9 or
    >10). For all intents and purposes, RealPlayer gives the same
    >picture and sound quality, I just have to figure out the
    >controls for that function.
    >
    > I would like to know what's wrong with WMP, though. I don't
    > like knowing that my system has flaws that I can't fix or
    > manage to isolate from interfering with other functions,
    > programmes, and spam/trojans/virii.
    >
    > --
    >
    > ==============================
    > Paul J. Chiasson
    > http://chefpaul.stsams.org/
    > chefpaul@chefpaul.stsams.org
    > paul.chiasson@ns.sympatico.ca
    > ==============================

    >>I think the "TV on My PC" thing doesn't play nice with WMP10,
    >>myself.
    >>
    >> Most of the original thread/posts:
    >> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress/browse_frm/thread/5ed0f7383e8c139a/d1fe36bdd0972aa3?q=tv+on+my+pc&rnum=1&hl=en#d1fe36bdd0972aa3
    >> --