Wow!

Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
left of it a single point of light where I live.
http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif
-=UDIC=-
Optician Dragon
"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
-Alfred E. Neumann

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:36:33 GMT, Optician Dragon
<DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
>picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
>left of it a single point of light where I live.
>http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif
>-=UDIC=-
>Optician Dragon
>"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
>-Alfred E. Neumann

Is that one of those wave-creation swimming pools a bit east of your house
on Midland Trail?

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:08:39 -0500, Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 01:36:33 GMT, Optician Dragon
><DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
>>picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
>>left of it a single point of light where I live.
>>http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif
>>-=UDIC=-
>>Optician Dragon
>>"Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
>>-Alfred E. Neumann
>
>Is that one of those wave-creation swimming pools a bit east of your house
>on Midland Trail?
Yeah, lust look between the teeny blobs.That's about 15 miles east of
me.

Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
>picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
>left of it a single point of light where I live.
>http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif

The one light is your house while the other one is the heat
dissipation of your SUV? :)

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:13:13 +0200, Claus Dragon
<claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

>Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
>>picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
>>left of it a single point of light where I live.
>>http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif
>
>The one light is your house while the other one is the heat
>dissipation of your SUV? :)
I don't have one of those monstrocities. My Thunderbird blew some
seals and water got into the oil and trashed the crankshaft so we got
a newer car with a 3.0 liter Duratec V6 engine.

Optician Dragon the Super Short Surgeon of Honor wrote:
>Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
>picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
>left of it a single point of light where I live.
>http://www.fourmilab.ch/cgi-bin/uncgi/Earth?imgsize=320&opt=-z&lat=38.3503&ns=North&lon=81.6311&ew=West&alt=7&img=learth.evif

Can you find it on Google maps new Satellite Service? If your in one
of the covered areas you can get in quite close.

You can see my house (actually the building my apartment is in) from
here (if I understand how the things works right):
http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Toronto&ll=43.661427,-79.409630&spn=0.004699,0.007918&t=k&hl=en

Assuming that worked it is due west of the south west corner of the
track field, at the NE corner of Markham and Harbord (you can switch
between map and satellite mode).

Pretty nifty.
--
d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a25, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:29:33 GMT, Saint George's Dragon
<firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca> wrote:

>You can see my house (actually the building my apartment is in) from
>here (if I understand how the things works right):
>http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Toronto&ll=43.661427,-79.409630&spn=0.004699,0.007918&t=k&hl=en

Aaaahhhh!!! My EYES!!!

Put your clothes back on when you do the laundry!!

--

Words to the wise, Saint George's Dragon <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca>
wrote:

>You can see my house (actually the building my apartment is in) from
>here (if I understand how the things works right):
>http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Toronto&ll=43.661427,-79.409630&spn=0.004699,0.007918&t=k&hl=en
>
>Pretty nifty.

maps.google.com has finally realized that there is also something
outside North America :)

Try to enter Regensburg, then zoom out, if you are interested in
seeing where it is. Detailed data missing yet, unfortunately.

Saint George's Dragon wrote:

> You can see my house (actually the building my apartment is in) from
> here (if I understand how the things works right):

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Toronto&ll=43.661427,-79.409630&spn=0.004699,0.007918&t=k&hl=en

Woah! What's it like, living on an integrated circuit?

--
JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote in

> Here's where I live. If you see it at night, at the center of the
> picture there will be a small horizontal blob of light and just to the
> left of it a single point of light where I live.

I think I see it.

TRENDING THREADS