Beware the Ides of April!

Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
such a day.

Yes, folks, or at least those of you who still remember me, it's Lumina
Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you with his
presence (but not presents, although he is bringing something for you)
after what must have been over two solid years, possibly three, of absence.

You see, I found this shiny rock out in my backyard, and one thing led
to the next, and you know how THAT is.

OK, OK, what reapply happened is that first my ISP's newsserver stopped
carrying this group. Then, after months of frustrated attempts to
return, I sort of got distracted by other stuff. Every so often I tried
againl, but only now, under the prodding of one Claus Dragon, who was
armed with knowledge of what I was doing wrong and where I could find a
decent newsserver, have I finally succeeded.

So. Who's still here? Paulon? Phid? I see some familiar names - erimess,
Optician, Sammy, Lost, and I presume if I bothered to scroll down I'd
find more.

Nice to see that this place defied the odds. You guys been complaining
for years that the place was dying, and I'm gone for a while, and it's
still here when I get back.

Oh, and lest I forget, there's that thing I promised in the second
paragraph. My present.

ULTIMATE JEOPARDY VI!

A shame I can't call it "Annual" anymore, but what can I do? Those of
you familiar with the game, rejoice at its return! Newcomers, keep an
eye out for the Rules Post later today (actually, all of you should; a
refresher might be in order). I expect to start the game proper the
weekend after this coming one - the intervening time being granted to
let knowledge of the game circulate and bring people out of the
woodwork. Plus, I foresee having to refamiliarize myself with this
place, get back into the swing of things and all. And lastly, I'm sure a
10-day grace period will allow the slackers among you to study your
Ultima lore and hope for some semblance of preparedness.

Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
you people I left behind so very long ago.

-Lumina Dragon
112 answers Last reply
More about beware ides april
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 14:16:56 -0500, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    >such a day.
    >
    >Yes, folks, or at least those of you who still remember me, it's Lumina
    >Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you with his
    >presence (but not presents, although he is bringing something for you)
    >after what must have been over two solid years, possibly three, of absence.

    Yay! Welcome back!

    >You see, I found this shiny rock out in my backyard, and one thing led
    >to the next, and you know how THAT is.
    >
    >OK, OK, what reapply happened is that first my ISP's newsserver stopped
    >carrying this group. Then, after months of frustrated attempts to
    >return, I sort of got distracted by other stuff. Every so often I tried
    >againl, but only now, under the prodding of one Claus Dragon, who was
    >armed with knowledge of what I was doing wrong and where I could find a
    >decent newsserver, have I finally succeeded.

    ..ua? Isn't that in the Ukraine or is my memory failing me?

    >So. Who's still here? Paulon? Phid? I see some familiar names - erimess,
    >Optician, Sammy, Lost, and I presume if I bothered to scroll down I'd
    >find more.

    I'm not here. Or rather, you're not here. You are all figments of my
    undigested dinner. Wait, I think I used that one in the last year
    already.

    >Nice to see that this place defied the odds. You guys been complaining
    >for years that the place was dying, and I'm gone for a while, and it's
    >still here when I get back.

    I never said that. What did Pinhead say? USENET is Forever!!

    >Oh, and lest I forget, there's that thing I promised in the second
    >paragraph. My present.
    >
    >ULTIMATE JEOPARDY VI!

    Oh lord. *drops thread in haste*

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Polychromic wrote:

    > Yay! Welcome back!

    Glad to be back.

    > .ua? Isn't that in the Ukraine or is my memory failing me?

    So I'm told, and the load times seem to agree. Ugh. Especially when it
    started timing out. Switched to this. Working faster.

    >> Oh, and lest I forget, there's that thing I promised in the second
    paragraph. My present.

    >> ULTIMATE JEOPARDY VI!
    >

    > Oh lord. *drops thread in haste*

    Heh. Let's see if the rules post will go through now.

    -Lumina Dragon
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:

    > Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    > one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    > you people I left behind so very long ago.

    Cool. Welcome back.

    --
    JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
    Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org

    Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    Ping.

    Welcome back, Lumina.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:

    > Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    > one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    > you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon

    Welcome back.

    --
    Helgraf Dragon .sigless
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <1113445538.19809f22a5b391fc2153091f94e267f7@teranews>,
    helgraf@ultima-dragons.org says...
    > Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >
    > > Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    > > one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    > > you people I left behind so very long ago.
    > >
    > > -Lumina Dragon
    >
    > Welcome back.

    Your dreams were your ticket out.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon the Fighting Wet Swashbuckler of Honor wrote:
    >Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    >such a day.

    Actually, more like Saint George's day, according to Bram Stoker, that
    is April 23rd, a little farther off than April 15th, however orthodox
    SG'sd (the one talked about in Dracula) occurs in May.

    >Yes, folks, or at least those of you who still remember me, it's Lumina
    >Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you with his
    >presence (but not presents, although he is bringing something for you)
    >after what must have been over two solid years, possibly three, of absence.

    Hurray. It is good to see you again.

    >You see, I found this shiny rock out in my backyard, and one thing led
    >to the next, and you know how THAT is.

    Yes, you would think Britannians could learn to save themselves.

    >Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    >one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    >you people I left behind so very long ago.

    Yeah, I was very upset with you leaving after you promised not to. We
    have suffered some attrition in your absence, but we soldier on.
    --
    d e+ N- T- Om++ UK!1!2!3!4!56A78!9 u uC uF- uG+ uLB+ uA nC nR nH+ nP
    nI+ nPT nS+ nT- y- a25, Captain in the Cinnaguard, Weirdo, Blue Bow

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 22:28:15 GMT, Saint George's Dragon
    <firstname_lastname@yahoo.ca> wrote:

    >Actually, more like Saint George's day, according to Bram Stoker, that
    >is April 23rd, a little farther off than April 15th, however orthodox
    >SG'sd (the one talked about in Dracula) occurs in May.

    That is a supremely important day.

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:45:53 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Polychromic wrote:
    >

    > > Yay! Welcome back!
    >

    >Glad to be back.

    Glad to have you back. <glares at claus - "YOU did this to us!!">

    Oh, I meant, really really good to have you back.

    Speaking of films, anyone planning to go see the new Hitchiker's Guide
    To The Galaxy?

    > > .ua? Isn't that in the Ukraine or is my memory failing me?
    >

    >So I'm told, and the load times seem to agree. Ugh. Especially when it
    >started timing out. Switched to this. Working faster.
    >
    > >> Oh, and lest I forget, there's that thing I promised in the second
    >paragraph. My present.
    > >>
    > >> ULTIMATE JEOPARDY VI!
    > >

    > > Oh lord. *drops thread in haste*
    >

    >Heh. Let's see if the rules post will go through now.
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon

    <peers up>
    Durn looks like it did.

    These thinds really are fun to watch.
    There, see - I've out-typoed you already! :-)
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    > such a day.

    Ooh hoo! Lumina is back!

    --
    Ashikaga a26
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    <snip>

    *...the three return from Tokyo*

    Welcome back.

    --
    The Triad
    User of 'Thingamajig!'

    Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:

    >On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:45:53 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    ><kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Polychromic wrote:
    >>

    >> > Yay! Welcome back!
    >>

    >>Glad to be back.
    >

    >Glad to have you back. <glares at claus - "YOU did this to us!!">

    I am so sorry.

    >Oh, I meant, really really good to have you back.

    I am so glad, I mean :)

    >Speaking of films, anyone planning to go see the new Hitchiker's Guide
    >To The Galaxy?

    Read a review about it written by a journalist who saw a sneak
    preview. Bad, bad bad.

    He even gave some examples what they did to the movie. Basically, they
    cut some time by removing the punch line for a few jokes and did some
    other changes which all are a pile of dog excrement in my opinion.
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:42:49 -0700, thehawk
    <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

    >In article <1113445538.19809f22a5b391fc2153091f94e267f7@teranews>,
    >helgraf@ultima-dragons.org says...
    >> Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >>
    >> > Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    >> > one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    >> > you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >> >
    >> > -Lumina Dragon
    >>
    >> Welcome back.
    >
    >Your dreams were your ticket out.

    Do you have a note from your mother?
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:33:03 +0200, Claus Dragon
    <claus@ultima-dragons.org> wrote:

    >Words to the wise, Optician Dragon <DragonLensman1@verizon.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 16:45:53 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    >><kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >>>Glad to be back.
    >>

    >>Glad to have you back. <glares at claus - "YOU did this to us!!">
    >
    >I am so sorry.
    >
    >>Oh, I meant, really really good to have you back.
    >
    >I am so glad, I mean :)
    >
    >>Speaking of films, anyone planning to go see the new Hitchiker's Guide
    >>To The Galaxy?
    >
    >Read a review about it written by a journalist who saw a sneak
    >preview. Bad, bad bad.
    >
    >He even gave some examples what they did to the movie. Basically, they
    >cut some time by removing the punch line for a few jokes and did some
    >other changes which all are a pile of dog excrement in my opinion.

    I was happy enough with the first one, cheesy effects and all. I see
    Zaphod now has only one head, but apparently three arms.The one
    improvement is Marvin.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Saint George's Dragon wrote:
    > Lumina Dragon the Fighting Wet Swashbuckler of Honor wrote:
    >
    >>Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    >>such a day.
    >

    > Actually, more like Saint George's day, according to Bram Stoker, that
    > is April 23rd, a little farther off than April 15th, however orthodox
    > SG'sd (the one talked about in Dracula) occurs in May.

    Who said anything about the 15th? I'm talking about the Ides of APril,
    the day I returned.

    >>You see, I found this shiny rock out in my backyard, and one thing led
    >>to the next, and you know how THAT is.
    >

    > Yes, you would think Britannians could learn to save themselves.

    One would think. But seeing as I've been replaying UW1 lately, that
    seems not to be the case.

    >>Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    >>one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    >>you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >

    > Yeah, I was very upset with you leaving after you promised not to. We
    > have suffered some attrition in your absence, but we soldier on.

    My apologies. I'd like to say it won't happen again, but given that I
    didn't expect it the first time...

    Still, theoretically it won't happen again.

    -Lumina Dragon
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    The Triad wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    > *...the three return from Tokyo*
    >
    > Welcome back.

    The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?

    -Lumina Dragon
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    OK. Time for the obligatory what-I've-been-doing-lately post.

    Well, nigh on a year ago, after much frustration, I actually succeeded
    in my largely-fruitless job hunt. Took me long enough, but every time
    there was an opening somewhere, someone else seemed to be the one to get
    hired. And with my limited transportation options (no car, because no
    money for car, because no job...), things were stagnating there for a
    long time.

    Alas, this job is hardly a stellar find - VERY part time. But it is at
    least a foot in the door with which I can gain leverage for a real job.

    In my copious free time, I'm still as I always was - an RPGamer through
    and through. Been playing various PS2 titles - including a few NON-RPGs,
    amazing as that may seem. The PS2 has some that appealed to me.

    Early last fall, my brother got a new computer, and so I finally
    upgraded from the Packard Bell that I believe I had even back before I
    vainished here to a hand-me-down Gateway that was... well, LESS
    outdated. 19 GB HD space, 128 megs RAM, forget its processor type but
    believe it was somewhere in the 500s range in MHz, and a Voodoo3
    Graphics card.

    Then around the end of January - this year - its video card died,
    although it took days of me asking the computer-knowledge-like people
    Weyrside before we came to that conclusion. Upon going to get it
    replaced, we saw that the cheapest ones at the store were $81.

    Then the unthinkable happened: In an astounding move, my aunt offered to
    chartge a new machine and I'd pay her back on the installment plan (had
    to be her since I have no cards). And so it came to pass that I now have
    something called a Medion M3 Composer 5200, with some very impressive
    specs that I can't quite parrot since the label is on the far side of
    the tower and abysmally illuminated. And it asked me to name it when I
    first set it up - first time I ever got to do this with a computer,
    although I hear the people on the Weyrmount talk about it all the time.
    After much thought, I named it Cullinane. Cookie to the first to get the
    reference.

    Now, I'm sure that it's not the best machine out on the market, and I'm
    doubly sure that it's no match for custom machines at all, but it's
    better than what I had by far, and as my job is not the most profitable,
    I wasn't in a position to be picky. I'm going to be paying this off
    almost the rest of the year as it is, unless I get that job upgrade
    right quick.

    Still. This machine is probably strong enough now to run the one Ultima
    game I possess yet have not beat, or even played, because of its reqs.
    You know the one.

    But that is not just yet. (Still - anticipate its inclusion somewhere in
    Ultimate Jeopardy VII next year. Probably.) Right now, I've been playing
    Ultima Underworld again - I'm poised at the stairs down to level 6, have
    four Talismans, and it's only the beginning of day 3 - and Baldur's
    Gate. Seems I got B'sG2 (complete with expansion) for Christmas, which
    was incentive enough to install the first once more and finally beat the
    game. Back on the Packard Bell, I had to uninstall it for space reasons,
    along with Torment, and I had beat neither. Now, I forget what I was
    doing in Torment, but I was in Ch7 of Bal's Gate. However, as years had
    passed since that time, I figured a copmlete refresher course was in
    order. I hadn't gotten very far by the time the Gateway's graphics card
    died, but since starting (again) on Cullinane, I'm up to chapter 4.
    Dallying a bit with side stuff before heading into the Cloakwood though.

    And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    whereas before I could not.

    And one more item of my doings which may be of interest -- this very
    year, after having this book sit unread, daunting me with its
    massiveness, for over an entire YEAR... I have finally begun that most
    celebrated work of high fantasy, Lord of the Rings. I figure, it's fifty
    years old now, I should probably get around to reading it.

    So.... as you can see, my life is pretty much as you last saw it, just
    slightly improved.

    Still. A slight improvement is still an improvement, and it's somewhere
    to start. My view is that the inertia of my stagnation has finally
    broken, and with a bit of effort, I can get it to pick up momentum.
    Wouldn't that be nice?

    -Lumina Dragon
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:21:03 -0500, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >died, but since starting (again) on Cullinane, I'm up to chapter 4.
    >Dallying a bit with side stuff before heading into the Cloakwood though.

    I liked BG1. :)

    >And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    >isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    >books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    >ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    >less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    >whereas before I could not.

    Dungeons and Dragons Online has recently opened up a beta test. You ought
    to apply perhaps.

    >And one more item of my doings which may be of interest -- this very
    >year, after having this book sit unread, daunting me with its
    >massiveness, for over an entire YEAR... I have finally begun that most
    >celebrated work of high fantasy, Lord of the Rings. I figure, it's fifty
    >years old now, I should probably get around to reading it.

    Well, no wonder you've had bad luck! Being a RPGer without having read
    LoTR is like going out in public without wearing any pants.

    >So.... as you can see, my life is pretty much as you last saw it, just
    >slightly improved.
    >
    >Still. A slight improvement is still an improvement, and it's somewhere
    >to start. My view is that the inertia of my stagnation has finally
    >broken, and with a bit of effort, I can get it to pick up momentum.
    >Wouldn't that be nice?

    Yes, congratulations. :)

    --
    The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
    RGCUD Photo Gallery: http://home.comcast.net/~rgcud/
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    > OK. Time for the obligatory what-I've-been-doing-lately post.
    >
    > Well, nigh on a year ago, after much frustration, I actually succeeded
    > in my largely-fruitless job hunt. Took me long enough, but every time
    > there was an opening somewhere, someone else seemed to be the one to get
    > hired. And with my limited transportation options (no car, because no
    > money for car, because no job...), things were stagnating there for a
    > long time.

    Oh, I hear you. I was out of work for 1.5 years myself and it ain't fun.
    Gardening filled the blank, but most people don't love flowers as much as I
    do.

    > Alas, this job is hardly a stellar find - VERY part time. But it is at
    > least a foot in the door with which I can gain leverage for a real job.

    Think this way, at least your shift is short enough that you won't grow any
    emotion detestment with the job.

    <snip>
    > And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    > isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    > books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    > ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    > less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    > whereas before I could not.

    Nobody play D&D with me, so I think I need to sell my player's handbook,
    which I sort of procrastinated a little bit.

    <snip>
    > So.... as you can see, my life is pretty much as you last saw it, just
    > slightly improved.

    That's good. At least you didn't degenerate into a brain-dead person who
    keeps speaking nonsensical stuff that nobody could find it coherent. Mind
    you, iAshi is a state-of-the-art artificial intelligence running on
    Windows(tm), and is free of virus and bugs. FYI, he is still virgin, and
    most likely he would stay this way for the rest of his life from the look
    of it.... Bah! I'm rambling again.

    > Still. A slight improvement is still an improvement, and it's somewhere
    > to start. My view is that the inertia of my stagnation has finally
    > broken, and with a bit of effort, I can get it to pick up momentum.
    > Wouldn't that be nice?

    Yes, everyone has to have a head start. I guess we could encourage each
    other. For a better future! (*cheers*)

    --
    Ashikaga a26
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Then the unthinkable happened: In an astounding move, my aunt offered to
    >chartge a new machine and I'd pay her back on the installment plan (had
    >to be her since I have no cards). And so it came to pass that I now have
    >something called a Medion M3 Composer 5200, with some very impressive
    >specs that I can't quite parrot since the label is on the far side of
    >the tower and abysmally illuminated. And it asked me to name it when I
    >first set it up - first time I ever got to do this with a computer,
    >although I hear the people on the Weyrmount talk about it all the time.
    >After much thought, I named it Cullinane. Cookie to the first to get the
    >reference.

    Darn, I want a cookie, but don't get it. I've seen the Medion machines
    advertised at the local Aldi's grocery chain. They seem to have
    impressive specs for the $ and are German made, I believe.

    >Now, I'm sure that it's not the best machine out on the market, and I'm
    >doubly sure that it's no match for custom machines at all, but it's
    >better than what I had by far, and as my job is not the most profitable,
    >I wasn't in a position to be picky. I'm going to be paying this off
    >almost the rest of the year as it is, unless I get that job upgrade
    >right quick.
    >
    >Still. This machine is probably strong enough now to run the one Ultima
    >game I possess yet have not beat, or even played, because of its reqs.
    >You know the one.

    Um,,the one you need the fan upgrade patches for?

    >So.... as you can see, my life is pretty much as you last saw it, just
    >slightly improved.
    >
    >Still. A slight improvement is still an improvement, and it's somewhere
    >to start. My view is that the inertia of my stagnation has finally
    >broken, and with a bit of effort, I can get it to pick up momentum.
    >Wouldn't that be nice?
    >
    > -Lumina Dragon

    Inertia can be a forceful thing. Good luck!
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The Triad wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> *...the three return from Tokyo*
    >>
    >> Welcome back.
    >>

    > The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?

    *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think up
    to use for three individuals.

    --
    The Triad
    User of 'Thingamajig!'

    The Triad wrote:
    > "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>The Triad wrote:
    >>
    >>><snip>
    >>>
    >>>*...the three return from Tokyo*
    >>>
    >>>Welcome back.
    >>>

    >>The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?
    >

    > *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    > about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think up
    > to use for three individuals.

    OK. Let's see if my memory has not totally gone AWOL...

    Lethe.... Lord Umbria........ .... .. OK, i can't remember the other.

    -Lumina Dragon
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Heehee.

    > it's Lumina Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you
    > with his presence

    Great, now maybe you'll have less time to pester us on Weyr. ;>

    Just kidding, just kidding...

    -----
    Infinitron Dragon ( not back, not that I was ever *really* here anyway )
  24. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Tovi Almozlino wrote:
    > Heehee.
    >

    >>it's Lumina Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you
    >>with his presence
    >

    > Great, now maybe you'll have less time to pester us on Weyr. ;>
    >
    > Just kidding, just kidding...
    >
    > -----
    > Infinitron Dragon ( not back, not that I was ever *really* here anyway )

    You know me better than that. Connecting to Weyr is the first thing I do
    when I hop online, and logging off the last before I go offline. I am
    doing this WHILE I am on the Weyrmount.

    And furthermore, having posted on the NG, you can expect me to keep you
    here, so MUAH!

    -Lumina Dragon
  25. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Optician Dragon wrote:

    > Darn, I want a cookie, but don't get it. I've seen the Medion machines
    > advertised at the local Aldi's grocery chain. They seem to have
    > impressive specs for the $ and are German made, I believe.

    You have Aldi in the US? I assumed it was a european phenomenon.
    They turned up in the UK in the late '90s, and were.. strange.

    For instance, you would go into the shop and look around, and there
    would be all these familiar UK brands, until you actually looked at
    them close-up and THEN you notice that they're actually fakes packaged
    to look like the real thing. It was like some kind of changeling, where
    the fairies had mysteriously replaced all the tins with their own
    sinister copies.
    And it was worse that that because they were all branded "Village Foods"
    or something like that. Basically the whole place was creepy.. my
    family went there once to see what it was like, and basically got
    creeped out by the whole thing.

    Since then I have gone back exactly twice.
    Once to buy something in a desperate hurry at about 6pm. That was
    quite funny.. they closed at about 5:30 unlike any other supermarket I
    have ever seen. I wasn't the only one.. there were several others
    who had naively tried to go shopping only to be turned away by glowering
    security guards ("What kind of closing time do you call this?!?")

    The only other time was around Christmas when my monitor died and I needed
    a cheap TFT replacement (without transport, I'm going to have problems
    lugging a CRT home!) until I could get my CRT fixed (which I still haven't
    done. Sigh.)

    They seem to be reasonably good for cheap TFTs and computer systems,
    but I'm really suspicious of their food. For a supermarket, that's BAD.

    --
    JP Morris - aka DOUG the Eagle (Dragon) -=UDIC=- jpm@it-he.org
    Fun things to do with the Ultima games http://www.it-he.org
    Reign of the Just - An Ultima clone http://rotj.it-he.org
    d+++ e+ N+ T++ Om U1234!56!7'!S'!8!9!KAW u++ uC+++ uF+++ uG---- uLB----
  26. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <9sjs51585u3o7gdnf7mrmm7lc05hnvdo8q@4ax.com>, DragonLensman1
    @verizon.net says...
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:42:49 -0700, thehawk
    > <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <1113445538.19809f22a5b391fc2153091f94e267f7@teranews>,
    > >helgraf@ultima-dragons.org says...

    > >> Welcome back.
    > >
    > >Your dreams were your ticket out.
    > >
    > Do you have a note from your mother?

    What? That is not how the song goes..

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  27. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <d3ole5$md4$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    says...
    > "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > The Triad wrote:
    > >> <snip>
    > >>
    > >> *...the three return from Tokyo*
    > >>
    > >> Welcome back.
    > >>

    > > The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?
    >
    > *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    > about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think up
    > to use for three individuals.

    Speaking of the significance of the number three always makes me think
    of protoculture.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  28. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    > So. Who's still here? Paulon? Phid? I see some familiar names - erimess,
    > Optician, Sammy, Lost, and I presume if I bothered to scroll down I'd
    > find more.

    Well, well, well - look what the cat dragon'd in.

    --
    Lost Dragon
  29. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
    > Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    > one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    > you people I left behind so very long ago.

    Welcome back, Lumina. :D 'Phid and Paulon are both busy with RL, but
    they both pop in from time to time. Glad to see you've found us again,
    especially as you come bearing... well, another week or two of
    frustration for me, since I'm never on at the right time to get the
    answers. I feel nostalgic already. :)
    \^\^//
    ,^ ( ..) Samurai Dragon -==UDIC Sig Code==-
    | \ \ -==(UDIC)==- d++e+N T--Om+U146MA7'! L8u uC++
    \ `^--^ \\\\\\\/////// uF-uG++uLB+uA+nC++uR nH+nP+++
    \ \ \ (2 Attentive Points) nI--nPT nS+++nT--wM-wC y+ a29
    ksj ^--^ ___________________________________________________________
  30. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    "thehawk" <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote in message
    > In article <d3ole5$md4$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    > says...
    >> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?
    >>
    >> *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    >> about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think
    >> up
    >> to use for three individuals.
    >
    > Speaking of the significance of the number three always makes me think
    > of protoculture.

    Why so? (And what is 'protoculture' in this context?)

    --
    The Triad
    User of 'Thingamajig!'

    > The Triad wrote:
    >> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?
    >>

    >> *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    >> about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think
    >> up to use for three individuals.
    >>

    > OK. Let's see if my memory has not totally gone AWOL...
    >
    > Lethe.... Lord Umbria........ .... .. OK, i can't remember the other.

    *checks Google*

    Morphius, apparently: argh, too long since we've played--no, wait. Ah!
    Right.. *nods* ...Morphius (unless all the spellings were wrong, and it
    was actually Morpheus) was the skeleton with the poisoned blades... Lord
    Umbria was certainly the floating one, with the golems... can remember who
    Lethe was, but not /where/ she was. Hrm.

    --
    The Triad
    User of 'Thingamajig!'

    Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
    >
    >>Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    >>one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    >>you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >

    > Welcome back, Lumina. :D 'Phid and Paulon are both busy with RL, but
    > they both pop in from time to time. Glad to see you've found us again,
    > especially as you come bearing... well, another week or two of
    > frustration for me, since I'm never on at the right time to get the
    > answers. I feel nostalgic already. :)

    Heh, another ride on the "too-late" express for me and Sammie. Prepare
    the lash of stinging disappointments!
  33. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lumina Dragon wrote:

    > And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    > isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    > books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    > ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    > less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    > whereas before I could not.

    Excellent. So now I can stop goading you about it, and start goading
    you into _reading_ them. Everything is proceeding according to plan.
    (Except, of course, that I don't have GMud installed on this computer to
    access Weyr.) Everything _else_ is proceeding according to plan. Well,
    except for the love life thing, but I try not to think about that
    anymore. Most everything else is proceeding according to plan though!
  34. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:50:12 -0700, thehawk
    <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

    >In article <9sjs51585u3o7gdnf7mrmm7lc05hnvdo8q@4ax.com>, DragonLensman1
    >@verizon.net says...
    >> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:42:49 -0700, thehawk
    >> <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <1113445538.19809f22a5b391fc2153091f94e267f7@teranews>,
    >> >helgraf@ultima-dragons.org says...

    >> >Your dreams were your ticket out.
    >> >
    >> Do you have a note from your mother?
    >
    >What? That is not how the song goes..
    >
    >-thehawk
    >Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
    No, but if you were Epstein, you would have a note from your mother.
    :-)
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  35. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:51:03 -0700, thehawk
    <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:

    >In article <d3ole5$md4$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    >says...
    >> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> > The Three? Aren't those those liches in UW2?
    >>
    >> *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    >> about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think up
    >> to use for three individuals.
    >
    >Speaking of the significance of the number three always makes me think
    >of protoculture.
    >
    >-thehawk
    >Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
    Or the Triple Crossbow.
    -=UDIC=-
    Optician Dragon
    "Life Is Like A Can Of Tuna Fish - Sometimes It's Good, Sometimes It's Not So Good"
    -Alfred E. Neumann
  36. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <7c3261l5ao1g6512jbe6elaiuqaft2q8e7@4ax.com>, DragonLensman1
    @verizon.net says...
    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:50:12 -0700, thehawk
    > <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <9sjs51585u3o7gdnf7mrmm7lc05hnvdo8q@4ax.com>, DragonLensman1
    > >@verizon.net says...

    > >> Do you have a note from your mother?
    > >
    > >What? That is not how the song goes..
    > >
    > >-thehawk
    > >Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
    > No, but if you were Epstein, you would have a note from your mother.
    > :-)

    *chuckles* Oh yea! Heh, I had forgotten about that.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
    "Hi there."
  37. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <dd3261lke4rilc2cl5hobvqvnom41atmoj@4ax.com>, DragonLensman1
    @verizon.net says...
    > On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:51:03 -0700, thehawk
    > <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <d3ole5$md4$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    > >says...
    > >> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    > >> about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think up
    > >> to use for three individuals.
    > >
    > >Speaking of the significance of the number three always makes me think
    > >of protoculture.
    > >
    > >-thehawk
    > >Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
    > Or the Triple Crossbow.

    Which reminds me of being shot in the backside by MY BEST FRIEND! Heh..

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  38. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    In article <d3qhc3$dsr$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    says...
    > "thehawk" <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <d3ole5$md4$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, wanderer@beeb.web
    > > says...
    > >> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> *thinks; blinks* You're right. Hrm. Probably just something important
    > >> about the number three... and there are only so many terms you can think
    > >> up
    > >> to use for three individuals.
    > >
    > > Speaking of the significance of the number three always makes me think
    > > of protoculture.
    >
    > Why so? (And what is 'protoculture' in this context?)

    Protoculture is the refined and harnessed bio-energy of the Invid Flower
    of Life. I do not remember any more if the plant itself is tripartite
    (as in three flowers, three petals, or what). Guess it is time to go
    back and read the books again.

    -thehawk
    Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC
  39. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    The Triad wrote:
    > "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>OK. Let's see if my memory has not totally gone AWOL...
    >>
    >>Lethe.... Lord Umbria........ .... .. OK, i can't remember the other.
    >

    > *checks Google*
    >
    > Morphius, apparently: argh, too long since we've played--no, wait. Ah!
    > Right.. *nods* ...Morphius (unless all the spellings were wrong, and it
    > was actually Morpheus) was the skeleton with the poisoned blades... Lord
    > Umbria was certainly the floating one, with the golems... can remember who
    > Lethe was, but not /where/ she was. Hrm.

    See? I was thinking "M-something". That's about as far as I got before I
    gave up.

    I wonder if I should rpelay this after UW1...

    -Lumina Dragon
  40. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Ashikaga wrote:
    > Eek! Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >
    >>OK. Time for the obligatory what-I've-been-doing-lately post.
    >>
    >>Well, nigh on a year ago, after much frustration, I actually succeeded
    >>in my largely-fruitless job hunt. Took me long enough, but every time
    >>there was an opening somewhere, someone else seemed to be the one to get
    >>hired. And with my limited transportation options (no car, because no
    >>money for car, because no job...), things were stagnating there for a
    >>long time.
    >

    > Oh, I hear you. I was out of work for 1.5 years myself and it ain't fun.
    > Gardening filled the blank, but most people don't love flowers as much as I
    > do.
    >

    >>Alas, this job is hardly a stellar find - VERY part time. But it is at
    >>least a foot in the door with which I can gain leverage for a real job.
    >

    > Think this way, at least your shift is short enough that you won't grow any
    > emotion detestment with the job.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    >>isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    >>books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    >>ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    >>less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    >>whereas before I could not.
    >
    > Nobody play D&D with me, so I think I need to sell my player's handbook,
    > which I sort of procrastinated a little bit.

    Well, although progress got delayed by acquiring a new computer (many
    perinent thigns were on the old one), I am still trying to put together
    some sort of an AD&D group Weyrside. It'll probably be 2e though, since
    I have yet to learhn the 3.5 rules.

    >>So.... as you can see, my life is pretty much as you last saw it, just
    >>slightly improved.
    >

    > That's good. At least you didn't degenerate into a brain-dead person who
    > keeps speaking nonsensical stuff that nobody could find it coherent. Mind
    > you, iAshi is a state-of-the-art artificial intelligence running on
    > Windows(tm), and is free of virus and bugs.

    There are those who would call that an oxymoron. (Not me, though. I use XP.)

    -Lumina Dragon
  41. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Polychromic wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:21:03 -0500, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>died, but since starting (again) on Cullinane, I'm up to chapter 4.
    >>Dallying a bit with side stuff before heading into the Cloakwood though.
    >
    > I liked BG1. :)

    So do I. Nice and fun.

    >>And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate II
    >>isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three core
    >>books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    >>ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules, much
    >>less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse them,
    >>whereas before I could not.
    >
    > Dungeons and Dragons Online has recently opened up a beta test. You ought
    > to apply perhaps.

    Perhaps not. I still haven't gotten around to learning the 3.5 ruels, I
    heard it takes place in that Eberoon world, and I have no idea if I
    could find more time to spare to put into soemthing like an MMORPG.

    Now, if it were set in Faerun, I may consider wanting to, but the whole
    time thing, and money for when it's no longer in testing, would be a
    problem.

    >>And one more item of my doings which may be of interest -- this very
    >>year, after having this book sit unread, daunting me with its
    >>massiveness, for over an entire YEAR... I have finally begun that most
    >>celebrated work of high fantasy, Lord of the Rings. I figure, it's fifty
    >>years old now, I should probably get around to reading it.
    >
    > Well, no wonder you've had bad luck! Being a RPGer without having read
    > LoTR is like going out in public without wearing any pants.

    Heh. Yes, yes, yes. Quite good and all. I can see where it and the movie
    differ, although I forgive most of the changes - a movie that followed
    this exactly wouldn't sell, I'm sorry to say. A few nits I'd have to
    pick, though. I only said I forgave MOST of Jackson's changes.

    -Lumina Dragon
  42. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Optician Dragon wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:21:03 -0500, Lumina Dragon
    > <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>After much thought, I named it Cullinane. Cookie to the first to get the
    >>reference.
    >

    > Darn, I want a cookie, but don't get it. I've seen the Medion machines
    > advertised at the local Aldi's grocery chain. They seem to have
    > impressive specs for the $ and are German made, I believe.

    It is good enough for me, is all I know.

    >>Still. This machine is probably strong enough now to run the one Ultima
    >>game I possess yet have not beat, or even played, because of its reqs.
    >>You know the one.
    >
    > Um,,the one you need the fan upgrade patches for?

    So I've heard. I'll probably ask about that whenever I do get to playing it.

    >>Still. A slight improvement is still an improvement, and it's somewhere
    >>to start. My view is that the inertia of my stagnation has finally
    >>broken, and with a bit of effort, I can get it to pick up momentum.
    >>Wouldn't that be nice?
    >
    > Inertia can be a forceful thing. Good luck!

    Heh. I know it's forceful; it took years to overcome in the first place.
    I'm hoping that it'll be easier from here on in, now that I've got
    things started, though.

    -Lumina Dragon
  43. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Helgraf Dragon wrote:
    > Lumina Dragon wrote:
    >
    >> And SPEAKING of things I got for Christmas this past year, Bal's Gate
    >> II isn't the only item of particular interest. I finally got the three
    >> core books to 3.5 edition D&D. I'd been stuck in 2nd ed untill then.
    >> ACtually, I still am, since I haven't gotten to perusing the rules,
    >> much less learning them. But at least now I will be able to peruse
    >> them, whereas before I could not.
    >
    > Excellent. So now I can stop goading you about it, and start goading
    > you into _reading_ them. Everything is proceeding according to plan.
    > (Except, of course, that I don't have GMud installed on this computer to
    > access Weyr.) Everything _else_ is proceeding according to plan. Well,
    > except for the love life thing, but I try not to think about that
    > anymore. Most everything else is proceeding according to plan though!

    Get ye Weyrside!

    Anyway, I probably won't be versed in the 3.5 rules by the time my RPG
    is finally ready, so if you get Weyrside in time for that, bring in your
    2e brain.

    Sadly, the change in computer caused a delay in progres (and it was SO
    close to done!) because many of the stuff I need to know are on the old
    one. (Fortunately, many things were also stored on the infallible
    storage medium of scratch paper, so that's good.)

    -Lumina Draogn
  44. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Samurai wrote:
    > Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
    >
    >>Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all, the
    >>one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met to all
    >>you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >

    > Welcome back, Lumina. :D 'Phid and Paulon are both busy with RL, but
    > they both pop in from time to time. Glad to see you've found us again,
    > especially as you come bearing... well, another week or two of
    > frustration for me, since I'm never on at the right time to get the
    > answers. I feel nostalgic already. :)

    Heh. As long as they pop in to see the UJ6 announcement, eh? Of course,
    most of you would be only too pleased to be spared the fierce
    competition that Paulon Dragon represents. MUAHAHAHAHA!

    -Lumina Dragon
  45. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Helgraf Dragon wrote:
    > Samurai wrote:
    >
    >> Quoth Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com>:
    >>
    >>> Again, sorry for the long and unannounced absence - I am, after all,
    >>> the one who swore he'd never leave - and a hearty hail and well met
    >>> to all you people I left behind so very long ago.
    >>

    >> Welcome back, Lumina. :D 'Phid and Paulon are both busy with RL, but
    >> they both pop in from time to time. Glad to see you've found us
    >> again, especially as you come bearing... well, another week or two of
    >> frustration for me, since I'm never on at the right time to get the
    >> answers. I feel nostalgic already. :)
    >

    > Heh, another ride on the "too-late" express for me and Sammie. Prepare
    > the lash of stinging disappointments!

    Hey, just get used to my posting times, and all should be well. And
    remember that the new batch of questions is always the last post I send
    when I check thr group.

    -Lumina Dragon
  46. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Lost Dragon wrote:
    >> So. Who's still here? Paulon? Phid? I see some familiar names -
    >> erimess, Optician, Sammy, Lost, and I presume if I bothered to scroll
    >> down I'd find more.
    >

    > Well, well, well - look what the cat dragon'd in.

    I know, I know, I was presumed lost, wasn't I?

    *gdr*

    -Lumina Dragon
  47. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    >> Well, well, well - look what the cat dragon'd in.
    > I know, I know, I was presumed lost, wasn't I?
    > *gdr*

    Boo!

    Welcome back. I was getting lonely. Do you have a livejournal? A few
    of us do now. They're kind of neat. Most of my daily drivel gets
    posted there nowadays.

    Of course as a contender for "last dragon standing" at RGCUD, I still
    post here too. ;)

    --
    /\_./b__ _O_ <====o Lost Dragon o====> _|_ __d\._/\
    (/^/(_^^' | I like people - I just can't eat a whole one | `^^_)\^\)

    > Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    > such a day.
    >
    > Yes, folks, or at least those of you who still remember me, it's Lumina
    > Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you with his
    > presence (but not presents, although he is bringing something for you)
    > after what must have been over two solid years, possibly three, of
    absence.

    Hello! Great to see you back. Wow, has it really been two or three years?

    <Blackthorn the Cat raises his head, stares at Lumina for some time, then
    goes back to sleep>

    > Oh, and lest I forget, there's that thing I promised in the second
    > paragraph. My present.
    >
    > ULTIMATE JEOPARDY VI!

    Hmmm let's see how much Ultima lore I've forgotten...

    - GSD
  49. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons (More info?)

    Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
    > "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Really. beware them. I heard that people long thought dead return on
    >>such a day.
    >>
    >>Yes, folks, or at least those of you who still remember me, it's Lumina
    >>Dragon, returned from the abyss (not THAT one) to grace you with his
    >>presence (but not presents, although he is bringing something for you)
    >>after what must have been over two solid years, possibly three, of
    >
    > absence.
    >
    > Hello! Great to see you back. Wow, has it really been two or three years?
    >
    > <Blackthorn the Cat raises his head, stares at Lumina for some time, then
    > goes back to sleep>

    I remember that kitty!

    Reminds me. Got new cats of my own. Kittens, even. A day shy of eight
    months.

    Will have pics up whenever I get around to developing the film.

    -Lumina Dragon

Internet Service Providers Video Games