Ultimate Jeopardy: Phase Six **RULES POST**

And so it returns... Ultimate Jeopardy, that perennial quiz game testing
all your Ultima lore, is back for a sixth isntallation, after far too
long an absence.

Many of you are doubtless familiar with the workings of this game. For
those who are not, and for those who feel they need a refresher, here is
how it goes:

Ultimate Jeopardy is an Ultima-themed version of the popular game show,
Jeopardy, and follows mostly the same format. However, as usenet is far
from a real-time forum, several changes have been made.

As with Jeopardy itself, I have sixty clues, divided into twelve
categories of five. They are in the form of an answer, and your reply
must be in the form of a question or it will be disregarded.

Where Jeopardy only has three contestants to a game, I'm taking all
comers. If you know the answer, go for it.

Scores will be posted at halftime and at the end of the game.

RULES FOR POSTING: (This part is important.)

Every day, I will post six questions. For example, the first day will
see the 100-point question from every category in normal-phase Jeopardy.
All respondants may respond to ONE of them. The first person to provide
the correct response, and in the form of a question, gets the points for
that question.

Why answer only one? Fairness, of course. Otherwise, the first person
with all the answers could sweep the board. So I will award points to
six different people for each post.

Before posting the next day's questions, I will ajudicate all posts from
the previous day, and award points. The post with the first (as shown by
their Time Tag) correct response in the form of the question gets the
points for that clue.

Any clue not replied to - or at least not correctly replied to - will be
repeated with the next day's posts, and will continue being repeated
until it is either answered or that round (single or double Jeopardy)
ends, at which time I will answer it myself.

Questions repeated in this manner do NOT count towards the one-per-day
limit for that day - they atill count with the group they are from. So
if you already got points for, say, one of the 300s, and I repeat a 300s
question that wasn't gotten, you cannot go for that question. However,
someone who has not gotten any of the other 300s can go for both it AND
one of the 400s.

DAILY DOUBLES:

There WILL be Daily Doubles, but due to how Usenet works, it will be
done differently from the show's.

Basically, I will only tell which clues (randomly determined before the
game even begins) are Daily Doubles after they have been successfully
replied to, and the points awarded will be twice the normal amount for
that clue. No wagering, no announcing beforehand, none of that. Due to
the way I post the clues, that would easily be taken advantage of.

There are three DD's total: one in normal Jeopardy, two in Double.

FINAL JEOPARDY:

Does not exist. In five incarnations of this game, I have never been
able to think of a way it could be done. I stopped trying.

That's all you guys should need to know. If you got any questions, you
got about 8 or 9 days to ask. I plan to start the game next weekend,
once news of it has sufficiently circulated to interested parties that
may not be present right now.

-Lumina Dragon

Time to see if my schedule is any more accomodating this time around...

--
Helgraf Dragon

As you may have noticed, Lumina, I haven't even _tried_ to post to UJ6 even
once since it started.

There is a reason for that:

I don't know the answers to the questions because I don't play all of the
Ultima series of games.

As a matter of fact.. I haven't played my NES versions of U3 or U4 in a very
long time.

Sure I may haved some knowledge of Ultima from both here and in the Weyr,
but I can't remember everything.

I have a manic mind. It goes about a million-miles-per-second and stores
various amounts of information about other games, t.v. shows. movies, and
SFX.

Please forgive me.

--

Jonathan 'The Cast' Comly