INSPIRON 1520, PLEASE HELP ME I AM ON MY KNEES

jinjin12

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
PLEASE HELP ME, I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO....

HERE i made a video of it so you guys can see clearly :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meqokDHolw8

THE main PROBLEM: OK i have an inspirion 1520 with 8600mgt. i was playing a video game but then my graphics drivers crashed, so i went to start> shutdown and i restarted the computer. when i turned it on again everything was ok so i turned on the game again. this time graphics driver crashed again but this time i had to shut down by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. now when i restarted the computer, the screen is BLANK AND BLACK, nothing shows up..no bios boot page, no windows logo, nada. i reckon that the system still runs b/c i can still hear the windows sound when i log into my account (yes i logged on blindly). also i can turn up and down the brightness, but i just can't see anything, CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME? i update my computer regularly and had the newest bios, i was running windows xp sp3/

ANOTHER PROBLEM: so alot of people from other forums are saying its my gpu, but here is the other problem, MY DELL WARRANTY EXPIRED. is there any way for me to replace my 8600mgt with another 8600m gt? i can't send it to dell cause my warranty expired. i looked at the online manual and it seems like you could take out the 8600m gt on the inspiron 1520 with ease, but my problem now is finding another 8600m gt that is compatible with dell. i've googled and found nothing, DELL does not have one neither. does anyone know any place where i can get another 8600m gt card and remember my comp gpu is not mxm. anyone know any sites?

my DELL WARRANTY EXPIRED 5 MONTHS ago, is it possible to still extend my warranty? i haven't played my laptop the whole before it crashed. i only turned it on for 30 mins and i noticed that it was running hotter than usual and i checked the temps and noticed that the 8600m gt gpu was really hot, THEN BOOM NOW I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ON MY COMPUTER. PLEASE HELP PLZ.

when i connect it to an external crt monitor, it does work but there are some wierd lines coming down but it works.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
It would be very hard to replace the 8600mGT, but I'm pretty sure you can find another one. Have you tried booting into safe mode and installing new drivers there?