How can I control which icons show in my taskbar? There must be 30 of them
and less than 10 display any useful information.
--

Thanks in advance... Bob

If you mean the icons in the Notification Area (formerly System Tray) on the right side of
the Taskbar: Right click the clock, left click Properties on the resulting context menu.
Then click the Customize button. Select items by click on them one by one, which will
bring result in a drop down menu in the Behavior field. Click the arrow for the drop down
menu for that item, click to select: ALWAYS HIDE for each item that you do not want
showing as an icon in the Notification area, one by one until you are finished. Then
click the APPLY and OK buttons.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Bob Newman" <bob.newman@cox.net> wrote in message news:y9Oqe.13333$Hj.2461@lakeread02...
> How can I control which icons show in my taskbar? There must be 30 of them
> and less than 10 display any useful information.
> --
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Bob Newman wrote:
> How can I control which icons show in my taskbar? There must be 30 of them
> and less than 10 display any useful information.
> --
>
> Thanks in advance... Bob

Whether a program places an icon in the notification area is program
dependent. Check the options for each program to see if there is one to
not have it show in the notification area, or don't have the program run
on startup. Some MS icons can be removed via the control panel applets.
Another option is to right click the icon and see if there is an
option to hide or remove it.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Maybe you don't need the programs, which have placed themselves there at
startup, to automatically start up. Run/type msconfig/Enter/Startup
tab/uncheck the progs you don't want to start at startup.

Rob Graham

Thank you... Bob