New Installation

Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?
5 answers Last reply
More about installation

    Do you know which file is reported corrupt?

    Shawn

    "Crossfire" wrote:

    > Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
    > windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
    > proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
    > get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
    > using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
    > same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

    Hi Crossfire
    If it is the motherboard files that are corupt,you can go to the
    manufacturer and download the latest files.
    Then reinstall them.
    Hope this helps.

    --
    Carl G
    "Crossfire" <Crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
    > windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
    > proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot
    > up, I
    > get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it
    > by
    > using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get
    > the
    > same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

    I never installed drivers for my motherboard.
    I have built 5 computer from scratch. Try

    "Crossfire" wrote:

    > Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
    > windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
    > proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
    > get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
    > using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
    > same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

    Just a hunch. Either the motherboard driver CD did not contain XP drivers.
    Or, you selected same. Or, a thumbprint in the area of the same CD made the
    driver file misread. Or, the same CD was pressed and had a problem with the
    media.
    You can usually get motherboard drivers at the manufacturers website if the
    driver CD is botched.

    "Crossfire" <Crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
    > windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
    > proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot
    up, I
    > get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it
    by
    > using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get
    the
    > same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

    Many installations will work without installing M/B drivers, but the system
    will not be optimized for speed and stability without them!

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I never installed drivers for my motherboard.
    > I have built 5 computer from scratch. Try
    >
    > "Crossfire" wrote:
    >
    >> Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
    >> windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I
    >> then
    >> proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot
    >> up, I
    >> get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it
    >> by
    >> using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get
    >> the
    >> same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

Windows XP