New Installation

June 12, 2005 12:51:02 AM

Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?

More about : installation

June 12, 2005 1:04:05 AM

Do you know which file is reported corrupt?

Shawn

"Crossfire" wrote:

> Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
> windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
> proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
> get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
> using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
> same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 2:59:14 AM

Hi Crossfire
If it is the motherboard files that are corupt,you can go to the
manufacturer and download the latest files.
Then reinstall them.
Hope this helps.

--
Carl G
"Crossfire" <Crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
> windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
> proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot
> up, I
> get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it
> by
> using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get
> the
> same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?
Related resources
June 12, 2005 7:24:02 AM

I never installed drivers for my motherboard.
I have built 5 computer from scratch. Try

"Crossfire" wrote:

> Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
> windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
> proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot up, I
> get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it by
> using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get the
> same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 8:44:25 AM

Just a hunch. Either the motherboard driver CD did not contain XP drivers.
Or, you selected same. Or, a thumbprint in the area of the same CD made the
driver file misread. Or, the same CD was pressed and had a problem with the
media.
You can usually get motherboard drivers at the manufacturers website if the
driver CD is botched.

"Crossfire" <Crossfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help me out! I just finished making my computer and I installed
> windows. The hard drive formating and installation all went fine. I then
> proceeded to install some drivers for my motherboard. Now, when I boot
up, I
> get this message that says a file is corrupt. it says that I can fix it
by
> using the repair function on the startup disk. But when I do that, I get
the
> same message. Is there anything I can do or buy to fix this problem?
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:02:56 PM

Many installations will work without installing M/B drivers, but the system
will not be optimized for speed and stability without them!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

!