Password character - disable?

Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
???

"Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
> ???

Why would you want to do such a thing? What kind of security would that be?
One last question...whose passwords are you trying to get?

Bobby

Absolutely not possible--what good are passwords that are visible?

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
> ???

The reason is that I will not misspell the password, and I am not
afraid that anyone will see me typing at my home :)

"Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
> ???

Why?

Google is your friend.

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,040,000 for convert password to plain text. (0.25
seconds

"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message

> "Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
>> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
>> ???
>>

> Why?

Let me show you why that is not possible. In HTML there is a tag called
<INPUT that has a attribute that makes it a Password box. The result of
that is ****. Now to stop that you would have to ask the designers of HTML
to change their design. I spz there is a way to grab the input out but the
HTML tag is still going to do what it was designed to do.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
> ???

"Shafik" <shaharh@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to disable the password characters in a password field?
> i.e instead of **** I will see the actual characters that I type: 1234.
> ???

No, and with good reason too!

Jon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2003

Type it into notepad and then paste it in when you need it

Jon

> The reason is that I will not misspell the password, and I am not
> afraid that anyone will see me typing at my home :)

Hi George,
No I am not intend to ask every html designer to change any html the
answer I am looking for is in the windows xp os there must be somewhere
in the registry where every time the system load a password field it
will load a regular password field regardless it is html or any other
windows application.

Nope that is not a function of the Registry. It is a function of the design
of the element. What is a "regular password field?" Do you mean a text box
that shows the password legible? Again that is a function of the element
(the thing you are typing into) not the registry.

--
George Hester