Sign in with
Your question

Need help finding a good netbook

Last response: in Mobile Computing
June 16, 2009 2:29:32 AM

I am looking for a netbook that has at least 2 or 3 gigs of RAM, 120 gig or higher hdd space, a disc drive, webcam doesnt matter neither does a mic, I just need to get ahold of something that can run work programs and I can trade stocks on and things of that nature. The price range is prefferably below 600 dollars if possible. Any one know of one that incorporates all that?

I appreciate the help in advance

More about : finding good netbook

June 16, 2009 9:08:28 AM

Check out MSI, Acer or Asus. Should find good choices there. Or take a look at the Samsung N120.
June 16, 2009 10:37:07 PM

There are a few things you're not going to find in a netbook right now. None have an optical drive, and the highest RAM they support is 2GB. It's possible that Asus or Acer might have one with a DVD drive later this year, check the web.

Most have 120 or 160GB HDD's, except Lenovo or if you get one with SSD. Acer's are usually the cheapest but with the smallest KB's. HP's have 93% (92%?) KB's. The majority come pre-installed with XP Home, but you can install XP Pro or even Mac OS if you want. All will have webcams and mics. Go to your local Bestbuy to have a feel for the units first and then go online to find the best deals.
June 20, 2009 4:03:22 AM

Sounds like you need a notebook, rather than a netbook.
!