Connecting Router thru Ethernet

I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router to
one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
installed or something

so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?
2 answers Last reply
More about connecting router ethernet

    Big Tedz wrote:

    > I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router to
    > one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
    > installed or something
    >

    > so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
    > omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?

    Making Good Newsgroup Posts
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    Rock
    MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Big Tedz" <BigTedz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router
    > one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
    > installed or something
    >

    > so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
    > omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?

    Normally you don't need to install any new software when you connect a
    computer to a router. Are both cables the same? Tried swapping them over?

    Have you been able to get the problem PC to connect to the internet without
    a router (eg direct to the modem)?. Make sure you have the firewall on the
    PC enabled first. Once that works then try the router in the path.

Routers Computers Ethernet Card Windows XP