Connecting Router thru Ethernet

I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router to
one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
installed or something

so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Big Tedz wrote:

> I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router to
> one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
> installed or something
>

> so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
> omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?

Making Good Newsgroup Posts
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Big Tedz" <BigTedz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have 2 computers hich are both windows XP but when i connect the router
> one of the computers the comp reads it as the ethernet is disable/un
> installed or something
>

> so when i try to install it, it asks for a disk from where the location or
> omething wat disk do i need ?!?!!?!?

Normally you don't need to install any new software when you connect a
computer to a router. Are both cables the same? Tried swapping them over?

Have you been able to get the problem PC to connect to the internet without
a router (eg direct to the modem)?. Make sure you have the firewall on the
PC enabled first. Once that works then try the router in the path.