Good looking cheap speaker wire!

Last response: in Home Audio
March 29, 2005 8:27:49 AM

Hi

I was looking at my system tonight and I must say the ripcord looks ugly!

Is there relatively inexpensive speaker wire that is pretty to look at?

Thanks!

Pete AF
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:40:52 AM

I use Woods 12 ga 2-conductor OFC speaker wire from Lowe's.
33 cents a foot, looks good and thick enough for most any run.

I don't know if rec.audio.high-end is the best place to ask about
inexpensive wire though ;)

Jeremy

"Pete AF" <mukhp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D 2alg501mjb@news1.newsguy.com...
> Hi
>
> I was looking at my system tonight and I must say the ripcord looks ugly!
>
> Is there relatively inexpensive speaker wire that is pretty to look at?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pete AF

Anonymous
March 30, 2005 4:44:05 AM

Pete AF wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was looking at my system tonight and I must say the ripcord looks ugly!
>
> Is there relatively inexpensive speaker wire that is pretty to look at?

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But wire always looks like wire.

I run four speaker lines to each of my loudspeakers, so I have a real
mess of wire to deal with. I use cable covers from Parts Express.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Part...

Russ
Anonymous
March 30, 2005 6:57:39 AM

Jeremy Gillow wrote:

> I don't know if rec.audio.high-end is the best place to ask about
> inexpensive wire though ;)

Ironically, it's one of the few places on the Web where it DOES make
sense to ask about inexpensive wire.

bob
!