ULTIMATE JEOPARDY: PHASE SIX!

It has come at last! And it has been a long time in doing so - some two
years have passed since Fifth Annual Ultimate Jeopardy, and that
enforced absence has killed the annual nature (for now) of the game.

But it has returned, bigger and better than ever!

.... Actually, it's the same size as always. Can't really make it bigger
without making it Not Jeopardy.

So, without further ado, I bring you.... Ultimate Jeopardy!

(Anyone who has not yet read the Rules Post, given its own thread,
please do so now.)

Categories for the first round are as follows:

CAST OF CHARACTERS
ULTIMANAGRAMS
THE LAND OF BRITANNIA
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNIA, VOLUME "T"
IN THE BIG HOUSE
MAGE'S WORKSHOP

And on to the 100-point clues:

Cast of Characters for 100:
In the Fourth Age, he was lord of a stout keep. By the Seventh, he was
reduced to the status of combat trainer.

Ultimanagrams for 100:
Nobody.

The Land of Britannia for 100:
This vain city was exterminated for its excesses in pride.

Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 100:
People of this occupation are usually known for their sense of Sacrifice.

In the Big House for 100:
This poor man;'s imprisonment is just one example of the Fellowship's
twisting of right and wrong to suit their ends.

Mage's Workshop for 100:
This forbidden reagent enables the caster to perform several dreadful
spells, but has been known to cost the sanity of wizards who used it often.

And so, dear readers, the contest has begun!

-Lumina Dragon

"Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 100:
> People of this occupation are usually known for their sense of
> Sacrifice.

What is the Tinker?

Not that it ever made much sense to me...

-Ophidian

> Ultimanagrams for 100:
> Nobody.

Who is Boydon?

Lumina Dragon wrote on Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:28:44 -0500:
> It has come at last! And it has been a long time in doing so - some two
> years have passed since Fifth Annual Ultimate Jeopardy, and that
> enforced absence has killed the annual nature (for now) of the game.
>
> But it has returned, bigger and better than ever!

Weee!

> Cast of Characters for 100:
> In the Fourth Age, he was lord of a stout keep. By the Seventh, he was
> reduced to the status of combat trainer.

Who is Sentri?

--
Josef Drexler, Aquamarine Dragon (UDIC) | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+-------+-------------------------------

> The Land of Britannia for 100:
> This vain city was exterminated for its excesses in pride.
What is Magincia?

Aquamarine Dragon wrote:
> Lumina Dragon wrote on Sat, 23 Apr 2005 19:28:44 -0500:
>
>>It has come at last! And it has been a long time in doing so - some two
>>years have passed since Fifth Annual Ultimate Jeopardy, and that
>>enforced absence has killed the annual nature (for now) of the game.
>>
>>But it has returned, bigger and better than ever!
>
> Weee!
>
>>Cast of Characters for 100:
>>In the Fourth Age, he was lord of a stout keep. By the Seventh, he was
>>reduced to the status of combat trainer.
>

> Who is Sentri?

Dingdingding!

Aquamarine Dragon strikes first blood!

-Lumina Dragon

Zac Bond wrote:
> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 100:
>>People of this occupation are usually known for their sense of
>>Sacrifice.
>
> What is the Tinker?
>
> Not that it ever made much sense to me...

Doesn't have to make sense. Just has to be right (and a question). Which
yours is!

-Lumina Dragon

Helgraf Dragon wrote:

>> Ultimanagrams for 100:
>> Nobody.
>
> Who is Boydon?

Nobody, that's who! You are correct!

-Lumina Dragon

Lord Vashnu Dragon wrote:
>>The Land of Britannia for 100:
>>This vain city was exterminated for its excesses in pride.
>
> What is Magincia?

Very good, Lord Vashnu! I was sort of wondering if anyone would trip up
and include the "New" moniker, which would clearly be wrong. But then, I
should've known - UDIC members know better than that!

-Lumina Dragon

"Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It has come at last! And it has been a long time in doing so - some two
> years have passed since Fifth Annual Ultimate Jeopardy, and that
> enforced absence has killed the annual nature (for now) of the game.
>
> But it has returned, bigger and better than ever!
>
> In the Big House for 100:
> This poor man;'s imprisonment is just one example of the Fellowship's
> twisting of right and wrong to suit their ends.

Who is Weston?

- GSD

Great Siberian Dragon wrote:
> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>It has come at last! And it has been a long time in doing so - some two
>>years have passed since Fifth Annual Ultimate Jeopardy, and that
>>enforced absence has killed the annual nature (for now) of the game.
>>
>>But it has returned, bigger and better than ever!
>>
>>In the Big House for 100:
>>This poor man;'s imprisonment is just one example of the Fellowship's
>>twisting of right and wrong to suit their ends.
>
> Who is Weston?

Quite correct. The other prisoners the Fellowship had are no example of
anything, as they are in a secret facility - and at least one of them is
certainly not a poor man!

-Lumina Dragon

Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
to the 200s!

Cast of Characters for 200:
Without this old man's blessing, the Quicksword would have remained
forever out of the Stranger's reach.

Ultimanagrams for 200:
A tin brain.

The Land of Britannia for 200:
Upon this island lies the final blackrock Generator the Avatar destroyed
in the Seventh Age.

Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 200:
The monks who follow aged Stellos practice this form of spellcasting.

In the Big House for 200:
Quite possibly the highest-security prison in Britannia, until it blew up.

Mage's Workshop for 200:
The blackrock transmuter developed by this mage was vital to the
Avatar's first triumph over the Guardian.

Have fun!

> Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the
> game has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100
> points. We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so
> let's move on to the 200s!

> Ultimanagrams for 200:
> A tin brain.

What is Britannia?

-Ophidian

> Mage's Workshop for 200:
> The blackrock transmuter developed by this mage was vital to the Avatar's
> first triumph over the Guardian.
Who is Rudyom?

Lumina Dragon wrote:
> Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
> has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
> We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
> to the 200s!
>
> Cast of Characters for 200:
> Without this old man's blessing, the Quicksword would have remained
> forever out of the Stranger's reach.
>
> Ultimanagrams for 200:
> A tin brain.
>
> The Land of Britannia for 200:
> Upon this island lies the final blackrock Generator the Avatar destroyed
> in the Seventh Age.
>
> Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 200:
> The monks who follow aged Stellos practice this form of spellcasting.

What is Theurgy?

Lumina Dragon wrote:
> Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
> has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
> We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
> to the 200s!
>
> Cast of Characters for 200:
> Without this old man's blessing, the Quicksword would have remained
> forever out of the Stranger's reach.
>
> Ultimanagrams for 200:
> A tin brain.
>
> The Land of Britannia for 200:
> Upon this island lies the final blackrock Generator the Avatar destroyed
> in the Seventh Age.
>
> Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 200:
> The monks who follow aged Stellos practice this form of spellcasting.
>
> In the Big House for 200:
> Quite possibly the highest-security prison in Britannia, until it blew up.

What is the Great Stygian Abyss? (at the time of Baron Almric's reign)

Curse ye Paulon for beating me to Theurgy by 11 minutes.

Helgraf Dragon wrote:

> Curse ye Paulon for beating me to Theurgy by 11 minutes.

Err, make that nine minutes.

Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mage's Workshop for 100:
>This forbidden reagent enables the caster to perform several dreadful
>spells, but has been known to cost the sanity of wizards who used it often.

What is bloodspawn?

Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Mage's Workshop for 100:
>>This forbidden reagent enables the caster to perform several dreadful
>>spells, but has been known to cost the sanity of wizards who used it often.
>
> What is bloodspawn?

Correct, and Claus rounds out the first set. A good thing I waited an
hour, because this one wasn't up when I checked the rest of the NG. By
checking after dinner, it saved me the trouble of reposting the clue
with the 200s.

-Lumina Dragon

Lumina Dragon wrote on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:52:59 -0500:
> Mage's Workshop for 200:
> The blackrock transmuter developed by this mage was vital to the
> Avatar's first triumph over the Guardian.

Who is Rudyom?

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Lumina Dragon swings about
and addresses the awaiting newsgroup...

> Encyclopedia Britannia, Volume "T" for 200:
> The monks who follow aged Stellos practice this form of spellcasting.

What is Theurgy?

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e++ N T+ Om+ UK!1!2!3!4!5!6!7!'!S!'!8!9!A!L!M!W!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC++ uF uG+ uLB- uA+ nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT nS++ nT+ y

Danger Will Robinson! One of your nodes is about to fall off!
Ultima VII endgame.exe file

Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
>has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
>We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
>to the 200s!
>
>Cast of Characters for 200:
>Without this old man's blessing, the Quicksword would have remained
>forever out of the Stranger's reach.

Who is Father Antos?

"Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
> has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
> We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
> to the 200s!
>
> The Land of Britannia for 200:
> Upon this island lies the final blackrock Generator the Avatar destroyed
> in the Seventh Age.

What is Fellowship Meditation Retreat?

- GSD

Claus Dragon wrote:
> Words to the wise, Lumina Dragon <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the game
>>has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100 points.
>>We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so let's move on
>>to the 200s!
>>
>>Cast of Characters for 200:
>>Without this old man's blessing, the Quicksword would have remained
>>forever out of the Stranger's reach.
>
> Who is Father Antos?

Yep. Admittedly, not that hard, for those familiar with the game at all,
but then again, we're still only in the 200s.

-Lumina Dragon

Zac Bond wrote:
> "Lumina Dragon" <kewhitte@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Everything's off to a great start, I must say. But naturally, the
>>game has just started, and all current contestants are tied at 100
>>points. We've got nigh on two weeks of game to go through yet, so
>>let's move on to the 200s!
>

>>Ultimanagrams for 200:
>>A tin brain.
>

> What is Britannia?