Password

I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
Thank you.
7 answers Last reply
More about password

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:19:01 -0700, lm wrote:

    > I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
    > I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
    > Thank you.

    Does the system have a floppy drive? If yes, setup your account. Assign it
    a password. Then use the option to make a password reset disk. To do this,
    go to User Accounts in Control Panel. Under related tasks, click on
    "prevent a forgotten password."

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Give yourself a password hint that even Forrest Gump could figure out.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
    > I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
    > Thank you.

    Just don't lose the disk once you've created it <g>.

    --

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:35:31 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

    > Just don't lose the disk once you've created it <g>.

    Ayup. Having the disk on hand would be paramount for this method to be
    effective. ;)
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    lm wrote:
    > I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
    > I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
    > Thank you.

    Beyond selecting a password that you can remember? Not really.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Spell check is your friend. "Anywhere" "Suggestions"

    "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
    > I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
    > Thank you.

    "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
    > I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
    > Thank you.

    Here are a few suggestions:
    a) Make it a blank password.
    b) Tell your wife what it is.
    c) Use a systematic password, e.g. "June2005". It's weak but it's easy to
    remember.
    d) Ask for advice ***before*** re-installing WinXP.
    Re-installing WinXP can take several hours. Resetting
    a lost password takes a few minutes.

    Now why am I thinking that you're a troll who is trying
    to get some attention?

Microsoft Windows XP