Password

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
June 12, 2005 7:19:01 AM

I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
Thank you.

More about : password

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 11:12:34 AM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:19:01 -0700, lm wrote:

> I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
> Thank you.

Does the system have a floppy drive? If yes, setup your account. Assign it
a password. Then use the option to make a password reset disk. To do this,
go to User Accounts in Control Panel. Under related tasks, click on
"prevent a forgotten password."

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Give yourself a password hint that even Forrest Gump could figure out.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 251A974-0D28-4FAF-AD10-27BE71E0EC92@microsoft.com...
>I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
> Thank you.
June 12, 2005 12:35:31 PM

Just don't lose the disk once you've created it <g>.

--

> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 03:19:01 -0700, lm wrote:
>
>> I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so
>> far....
>> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
>> Thank you.
>
> Does the system have a floppy drive? If yes, setup your account. Assign it
> a password. Then use the option to make a password reset disk. To do this,
> go to User Accounts in Control Panel. Under related tasks, click on
> "prevent a forgotten password."
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:35:32 PM

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 08:35:31 -0400, Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> Just don't lose the disk once you've created it <g>.

Ayup. Having the disk on hand would be paramount for this method to be
effective. ;)
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

lm wrote:
> I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
> Thank you.

Beyond selecting a password that you can remember? Not really.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:19:18 PM

Spell check is your friend. "Anywhere" "Suggestions"

"lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 251A974-0D28-4FAF-AD10-27BE71E0EC92@microsoft.com...
>I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
> Thank you.
Anonymous
June 13, 2005 1:19:19 AM

"lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 251A974-0D28-4FAF-AD10-27BE71E0EC92@microsoft.com...
> I keep forgetting my password. I have reinstalled my xp 2 times so far....
> I don't want to write it down eny where. Any sujestions?
> Thank you.

Here are a few suggestions:
a) Make it a blank password.
b) Tell your wife what it is.
c) Use a systematic password, e.g. "June2005". It's weak but it's easy to
remember.
d) Ask for advice ***before*** re-installing WinXP.
Re-installing WinXP can take several hours. Resetting
a lost password takes a few minutes.

Now why am I thinking that you're a troll who is trying
to get some attention?
!