Outlook Express - unable to use "look in" or "browse"

Hi,
I have recently changed my broadband access & have noticed a problem when
using Outlook Express to send mail.
When I try to add attacments or pictures from file using the "look in" or
"browse" buttons, the screen freezes & my only way out is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Can anyone suggest a way of solving this problem
thanks
Colin
--
Colin Rice
Lowestoft

    It could be a damaged identity. Create a new one, File | Identity | Add New
    Identity, and test it. if all is well you can import your saved messages
    from the old identity and delete it. If still no joy, post in the Outlook
    Express newsgroup.

    Bruce Hagen
    MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
    ~IB-CA~

    "Colin Rice" <ColinRice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have recently changed my broadband access & have noticed a problem when
    > using Outlook Express to send mail.
    > When I try to add attacments or pictures from file using the "look in" or
    > "browse" buttons, the screen freezes & my only way out is to use
    > Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    > Can anyone suggest a way of solving this problem
    > thanks
    > Colin
    > --
    > Colin Rice
    > Lowestoft
    > UK

    This ususally happens when the the folder that Outlook Express will open by
    default has too many files in it. Normally you can just wait for about 15
    mins to 1/2 hour it should start working again. Do that but find the
    default folder that OEX is going to look in and clean it out. Then try it
    again I bet the Browse "lookin" will pop right up.

    --
    George Hester
    _______________________________
    "Colin Rice" <ColinRice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have recently changed my broadband access & have noticed a problem when
    > using Outlook Express to send mail.
    > When I try to add attacments or pictures from file using the "look in" or
    > "browse" buttons, the screen freezes & my only way out is to use
    Ctrl-Alt-Del.
    > Can anyone suggest a way of solving this problem
    > thanks
    > Colin
    > --
    > Colin Rice
    > Lowestoft
    > UK

Broadband Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP