Outlook Express - unable to use "look in" or "browse"

June 12, 2005 7:42:02 AM

Hi,
I have recently changed my broadband access & have noticed a problem when
using Outlook Express to send mail.
When I try to add attacments or pictures from file using the "look in" or
"browse" buttons, the screen freezes & my only way out is to use Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Can anyone suggest a way of solving this problem
thanks
Colin
--
Colin Rice
Lowestoft

It could be a damaged identity. Create a new one, File | Identity | Add New
Identity, and test it. if all is well you can import your saved messages
from the old identity and delete it. If still no joy, post in the Outlook
Express newsgroup.

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
~IB-CA~

"Colin Rice" <ColinRice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 8BB3744-6CD3-46AB-BAFA-91D4428869F7@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have recently changed my broadband access & have noticed a problem when
> using Outlook Express to send mail.
> When I try to add attacments or pictures from file using the "look in" or
> "browse" buttons, the screen freezes & my only way out is to use
> Ctrl-Alt-Del.
> Can anyone suggest a way of solving this problem
> thanks
> Colin
> --
> Colin Rice
> Lowestoft
> UK
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:17:48 PM

This ususally happens when the the folder that Outlook Express will open by
default has too many files in it. Normally you can just wait for about 15
mins to 1/2 hour it should start working again. Do that but find the
default folder that OEX is going to look in and clean it out. Then try it
again I bet the Browse "lookin" will pop right up.

--
George Hester
!