Strange computer crash- register related?

For the third time, my computer has broken down due to some strange register
problem. The problem is that all programs lose their associations and
therefore i can not execute any of em. What is this?

Thanks / Kalle

"gremme" <gremme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the third time, my computer has broken down due to some strange
> register
> problem. The problem is that all programs lose their associations and
> therefore i can not execute any of em. What is this?
>
> Thanks / Kalle

probably a virus or worm,

What antivirus program are you using? What firewall software are you using?
Your problem sounds very much like a virus or other malware is active.

Bobby

Hi,

What precisely happens when you try to run a program? Are you doing this
from the start menu or a desktop icon? If so, it could just be the .lnk file
association is corrupt. You will find a fix for both it and the .exe file
association at www.dougknox.com, look under WinXP Fixes/File Association
Fixes.

--
Best of Luck,