Strange computer crash- register related?

For the third time, my computer has broken down due to some strange register
problem. The problem is that all programs lose their associations and
therefore i can not execute any of em. What is this?

Thanks / Kalle
2 answers Last reply
More about strange computer crash register related

    "gremme" <gremme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For the third time, my computer has broken down due to some strange
    > register
    > problem. The problem is that all programs lose their associations and
    > therefore i can not execute any of em. What is this?
    >
    > Thanks / Kalle

    probably a virus or worm,

    What antivirus program are you using? What firewall software are you using?
    Your problem sounds very much like a virus or other malware is active.

    Bobby

    Hi,

    What precisely happens when you try to run a program? Are you doing this
    from the start menu or a desktop icon? If so, it could just be the .lnk file
    association is corrupt. You will find a fix for both it and the .exe file
    association at www.dougknox.com, look under WinXP Fixes/File Association
    Fixes.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "gremme" <gremme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For the third time, my computer has broken down due to some strange
    > register
    > problem. The problem is that all programs lose their associations and
    > therefore i can not execute any of em. What is this?
    >
    > Thanks / Kalle

Computers Crash Microsoft Windows XP