I am connected to a broad band access , but when ever i open the browser
initaly it works for a while and then it fails to go into the internet ,
checked the network statistics , found a lot of broadcast happening from the
system ...
please advise ....
thanks & regard to the MS team..

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Harli wrote:

> I am connected to a broad band access , but when ever i open the browser
> initaly it works for a while and then it fails to go into the internet ,
> checked the network statistics , found a lot of broadcast happening from the
> system ...
> please advise ....
> thanks & regard to the MS team..

Run these programs to check for spyware/malware. After installing
update them, then boot into safe mode and run them. You should update
and run them weekly.

Cwshredder

Ad-aware SE
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

Spybot Search and Destroy
http://www.safer-networking.org

Bazooka Adware and Spyware Scanner
http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10247783.html

Pest Patrol Free Pest Scanner
http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=FindOutWhosWatchingYou&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715

If you’re still having problems after running these then run HijackThis
and post the log to one of the specialty forums, _NOT_ this one.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

After your system is clean use these programs to help keep it clean:

Spywareblaster
www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbdownload.html

Spywareguard
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sgdownload.html

IE-SPYAD
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Hi,

Start by scanning your system with these utilities, as the most likely cause
of this odd behavior and the intermittent broadcasting is spy/adware:

Adaware www.lavasoft.de
Spybot www.safer-networking.org

--
Best of Luck,