Sign in with
Your question

Ciphering sony ericsson

Last response: in Technologies
May 18, 2012 6:07:20 AM

Can U tell me what is the meaning of this massage...this massage show on my phone when i make a call Ciphering not available from provider insecure transmission....
May 27, 2012 2:12:54 PM

since you haven't mentioned your cellphone model.. i am making a guess that..
your cell phone supports call Ciphering(encrypting sort of) but your service provider does not allow that
m
l
July 14, 2012 2:01:53 PM

201362,1,1208154 said:
Can U tell me what is the meaning of this massage...this massage show on my phone when i make a call Ciphering not available from provider insecure transmission....[/quotem

Ciphering means Encrypting. That means Only the person to whom u r calling can listen ur call, that is it is difficult to track or Overhear by other people. The data transmitted through the Network is encrypted and no one can listen this except the Person to whom u r called.
Your handset may have the recent Ciphering algorithm/ Program and is capable of encrypting the calls/data, But the Network Operator may not have any Option For transmitting ciphered data. So ciphering is not possible. A third party can Overhear or track your calls because the ciphering is not supported by network operator. Because of this reason your handset displays above message...
Hope you understand..
m
l
September 19, 2012 6:09:50 AM

I'm having Sony Ericsson ELM phone, when I make a call from that mobile every time it shows a message "Ciphering not provided by operator. Insecure transmission" So I want to know that Problem. Please help me
m
l
!