Taskbar question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimedude

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hi,

The past week has been my first time using Windows 7 as my primary OS, so I've kind of achieved a better feel for it by now.
At times it feels as though there are a lot more customisable features in Windows 7, but I have no idea whether I can actually do what I imagine with it.

Anyway, my question is this:
Is there a way I can make the taskbar 'auto-hide' only when I have other applications pulled up? For instance, can I make it auto-hide when Chrome or Firefox are up but become permanent when I'm just on the desktop?

It seems as though you should be able to do it, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have it on auto-hide at the moment, but when I'm looking at the desktop I just feel more comfortable seeing the taskbar at the bottom. Call me OCD.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
No, that is not a part of the stock Windows install. It's possible there's a third party program that would do it, but otherwise going all the way back to Windows 95 when the taskbar was first introduced, you basically get the option to have the taskbar always present or hidden except when the mouse is at the bottom of the display (or wherever you happen to have the taskbar). There's never been any sort of conditional hiding.

cl-scott

Honorable
No, that is not a part of the stock Windows install. It's possible there's a third party program that would do it, but otherwise going all the way back to Windows 95 when the taskbar was first introduced, you basically get the option to have the taskbar always present or hidden except when the mouse is at the bottom of the display (or wherever you happen to have the taskbar). There's never been any sort of conditional hiding.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.