"No connection to the internet is currently available."

June 12, 2005 12:02:58 PM

Some times when attempting to connect to the internet I get the following
message.

Dialog box: Would you like to go offline?

Message: No connection to the internet is currently available. to view
internet content that has been saved on your computer click work offline.
Click try again to connect.

When I click try again I am back on the internet. I have XP Pro SP2 and all
updates. I connect to the internet via cable modem

Thanks!

More about : connection internet

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:15:38 PM

Did you install any software from the cable company when you started using
cable internet? You don't need to unless you have connected your cable modem
to the computer via USB.

If you are using a USB type connection, try using a LAN type connection. If
you purchased the computer from one of the major players (Dell, HP, Gateway
etc) there is likely a LAN connection built into the computer. I find this
type of connection much more reliable for cable and DSL access.

If you are already connected via a LAN connection, uninstall all the
software that you installed from the CD that came with your cable access
kit. Reboot. You will likely find that the connection is established
automatically, without any assistance from you. If it is not you may need to
install a driver for the LAN card.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"mjb" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Some times when attempting to connect to the internet I get the following
> message.
>
> Dialog box: Would you like to go offline?
>
> Message: No connection to the internet is currently available. to view
> internet content that has been saved on your computer click work offline.
> Click try again to connect.
>
> When I click try again I am back on the internet. I have XP Pro SP2 and
> all updates. I connect to the internet via cable modem
>
> Thanks!

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 12:28:36 PM

I am connected via LAN and didn't install any software for cable access and
have the latest NIC drivers.

Thanks.

> Did you install any software from the cable company when you started using
> cable internet? You don't need to unless you have connected your cable
> modem to the computer via USB.
>
> If you are using a USB type connection, try using a LAN type connection.
> If you purchased the computer from one of the major players (Dell, HP,
> Gateway etc) there is likely a LAN connection built into the computer. I
> find this type of connection much more reliable for cable and DSL access.
>
> If you are already connected via a LAN connection, uninstall all the
> software that you installed from the CD that came with your cable access
> kit. Reboot. You will likely find that the connection is established
> automatically, without any assistance from you. If it is not you may need
> to install a driver for the LAN card.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban

> "mjb" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Some times when attempting to connect to the internet I get the following
>> message.
>>
>> Dialog box: Would you like to go offline?
>>
>> Message: No connection to the internet is currently available. to view
>> internet content that has been saved on your computer click work offline.
>> Click try again to connect.
>>
>> When I click try again I am back on the internet. I have XP Pro SP2 and
>> all updates. I connect to the internet via cable modem
>>
>> Thanks!

June 12, 2005 1:01:47 PM

Uninstall your network card through device manager. Reboot. The card will be
redetected and the drivers will be reinstalled. Then update the drivers
again.

--

>I am connected via LAN and didn't install any software for cable access and
>have the latest NIC drivers.
>
> Thanks.

>> Did you install any software from the cable company when you started
>> using cable internet? You don't need to unless you have connected your
>> cable modem to the computer via USB.
>>
>> If you are using a USB type connection, try using a LAN type connection.
>> If you purchased the computer from one of the major players (Dell, HP,
>> Gateway etc) there is likely a LAN connection built into the computer. I
>> find this type of connection much more reliable for cable and DSL access.
>>
>> If you are already connected via a LAN connection, uninstall all the
>> software that you installed from the CD that came with your cable access
>> kit. Reboot. You will likely find that the connection is established
>> automatically, without any assistance from you. If it is not you may need
>> to install a driver for the LAN card.
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban

>> "mjb" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Some times when attempting to connect to the internet I get the
>>> following message.
>>>
>>> Dialog box: Would you like to go offline?
>>>
>>> Message: No connection to the internet is currently available. to view
>>> internet content that has been saved on your computer click work
>>> offline. Click try again to connect.
>>>
>>> When I click try again I am back on the internet. I have XP Pro SP2 and
>>> all updates. I connect to the internet via cable modem
>>>
>>> Thanks!

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 4:54:22 PM

So far so good, thanks Richard.

> Uninstall your network card through device manager. Reboot. The card will
> be redetected and the drivers will be reinstalled. Then update the drivers
> again.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban

> "mjb" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I am connected via LAN and didn't install any software for cable access
>>and have the latest NIC drivers.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Did you install any software from the cable company when you started
>>> using cable internet? You don't need to unless you have connected your
>>> cable modem to the computer via USB.
>>>
>>> If you are using a USB type connection, try using a LAN type connection.
>>> If you purchased the computer from one of the major players (Dell, HP,
>>> Gateway etc) there is likely a LAN connection built into the computer. I
>>> find this type of connection much more reliable for cable and DSL
>>> access.
>>>
>>> If you are already connected via a LAN connection, uninstall all the
>>> software that you installed from the CD that came with your cable access
>>> kit. Reboot. You will likely find that the connection is established
>>> automatically, without any assistance from you. If it is not you may
>>> need to install a driver for the LAN card.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>>
>>> If you knew as much as you think you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>>>

>>> "mjb" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:34:44 PM

You're welcome.