Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

.JPG is not a valid Win32 application

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 12, 2005 10:33:01 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My Pictures"), I
cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
not a valid Win32 application.
Thanks for your help.
Lucie
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 3:21:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Have you tried more than one jpg? Tell me what you have in the registry
(start | run | regedit | OK) for HKCR\.jpg I need to see that whole key.
Save it as a reg file change the extension to txt open it in notepad select
all copy paste in here.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2580BB74-ED74-410C-B7A8-273658C04489@microsoft.com...
> When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My Pictures"), I
> cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
> C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
> not a valid Win32 application.
> Thanks for your help.
> Lucie
Related resources
June 12, 2005 3:21:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes I tried several. I don't have much knowledge in computers. I don't really
understand what you want me to copy. Anyway, I tried Export (there was nos
Save as), I saved and copy this : (There is more but I can't save them all in
one page). If you want to see the others, I can copy them one at a time.
Thanks
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
"PerceivedType"="image"
@="jpegfile"
"Content Type"="image/jpeg"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\jpegfile]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\jpegfile\ShellNew]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithProgids]
"jpegfile"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\PersistentHandler]
@="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

"George Hester" wrote:

> Have you tried more than one jpg? Tell me what you have in the registry
> (start | run | regedit | OK) for HKCR\.jpg I need to see that whole key.
> Save it as a reg file change the extension to txt open it in notepad select
> all copy paste in here.
>
> --
> George Hester
> _______________________________
> "Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2580BB74-ED74-410C-B7A8-273658C04489@microsoft.com...
> > When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My Pictures"), I
> > cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
> > not a valid Win32 application.
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Lucie
>
>
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:45:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

OK I want you to do the same thing with HKCR\jpegfile

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F59BC28-B227-47B1-8F60-63570CAC0A2B@microsoft.com...
> Yes I tried several. I don't have much knowledge in computers. I don't
really
> understand what you want me to copy. Anyway, I tried Export (there was nos
> Save as), I saved and copy this : (There is more but I can't save them all
in
> one page). If you want to see the others, I can copy them one at a time.
> Thanks
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
> "PerceivedType"="image"
> @="jpegfile"
> "Content Type"="image/jpeg"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\jpegfile]
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\jpegfile\ShellNew]
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithList]
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\OpenWithProgids]
> "jpegfile"=hex(0):
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\PersistentHandler]
> @="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"
>
> "George Hester" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried more than one jpg? Tell me what you have in the registry
> > (start | run | regedit | OK) for HKCR\.jpg I need to see that whole
key.
> > Save it as a reg file change the extension to txt open it in notepad
select
> > all copy paste in here.
> >
> > --
> > George Hester
> > _______________________________
> > "Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:2580BB74-ED74-410C-B7A8-273658C04489@microsoft.com...
> > > When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My
Pictures"), I
> > > cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
> > > C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My
Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
> > > not a valid Win32 application.
> > > Thanks for your help.
> > > Lucie
> >
> >
Anonymous
June 12, 2005 5:50:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Yes his jpg association was correct. I suspect his jpegfile is correct too.
If that is the case you are probably right.

--
George Hester
_______________________________
"pip22" <pip22.1qis4i@no-mx.forum.osnn.net> wrote in message
news:p ip22.1qis4i@no-mx.forum.osnn.net...
>
> This can be caused (though not always) if your system has been infected
> by the SIRCAM virus. Make sure your AV application is up to date, then
> do a full system scan for viruses.
>
>
> --
> pip22
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> pip22's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=4394
> View this thread: http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=77135
>
June 12, 2005 7:28:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

"Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2580BB74-ED74-410C-B7A8-273658C04489@microsoft.com...
> When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My Pictures"), I
> cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
> C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
> not a valid Win32 application.
> Thanks for your help.
> Lucie
The file association for the jpg type is wrong. You can fix this problem
through the control panel. Another way is through the registry as has been
suggested.
Jim
June 13, 2005 2:03:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Jim, you were right. One of the JPEG file was associated w/another program.
Thanks.
Lucie

"Jim" wrote:

>
> "Samwise" <Samwise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2580BB74-ED74-410C-B7A8-273658C04489@microsoft.com...
> > When I double click on a picture (any pictures stored in "My Pictures"), I
> > cannot open it from "My Pictures" folder. This error message pops up:
> > C:\Documents and Settings\...\My Documents\My Pictures\...\DSCN0498.jpg is
> > not a valid Win32 application.
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Lucie
> The file association for the jpg type is wrong. You can fix this problem
> through the control panel. Another way is through the registry as has been
> suggested.
> Jim
>
>
>
!