Whistler

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

Anyone have an idea where I can d/l a copy of Ultima IV? I played it
back in the dark ages (1980s), and am kinda feeling like I need to
revisit.

Thanks,

Whistler

"Whistler" <nobody@home.com> wrote:
> Anyone have an idea where I can d/l a copy of Ultima IV? I played it
> back in the dark ages (1980s), and am kinda feeling like I need to
> revisit.

From the FAQ:

5.8) Ultima 4: The Quest of the Avatar

You may freely download Ultima 4 (PC version) from:

* http://home.kc.rr.com/hidalgo/
* http://www.michaelfleming.webcentral.com.au/ultima/u4download.html
* /Any/ member of UDIC may make the Computer Gaming World edition of
Ultima 4 available. (This means that you can't add or delete
anything from the archive.)

NOTE: This does /not/ mean U4 is now freeware -- EA retains the
copyright to the game. The company has simply allowed the Dragons
(and only the Dragons) the chance to make it available to people
interested in trying a classic Ultima.

--
zhentil

With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Whistler swings about and
addresses the awaiting newsgroup...

> Anyone have an idea where I can d/l a copy of Ultima IV? I played it
> back in the dark ages (1980s), and am kinda feeling like I need to
> revisit.

Yep. http://www.enlartenment.com/ultima/u4download.html
Details on why it's a legal download and such are on that page.

--
Paulon Dragon d++ e++ N T+ Om+ UK!1!2!3!4!5!6!7!'!S!'!8!9!A!L!M!W!
-==(UDIC)==- u++ uC++ uF uG+ uLB- uA+ nC+ nR nH+ nP+ nI nPT nS++ nT+ y

Danger Will Robinson! One of your nodes is about to fall off!
Ultima VII endgame.exe file

"Wesley" <Wesley@kissworld.com.de> wrote:

> Ultima 4 is best game of all the time!
>
> Pleasure to play...

I agree, it is my favorite of the series. None of that unreadable yellow
text or Guardian nonsense..

--
zhentil@mindspring.com

Whistler

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

On Wed, 4 May 2005 04:08:58 +0000 (UTC), Paulon
<spampaulon@ultimainfo.net> wrote:

>With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Whistler swings about and
>addresses the awaiting newsgroup...
>
>> Anyone have an idea where I can d/l a copy of Ultima IV? I played it
>> back in the dark ages (1980s), and am kinda feeling like I need to
>> revisit.
>
>Yep. http://www.enlartenment.com/ultima/u4download.html
>Details on why it's a legal download and such are on that page.

Thanks much to all who responded.. Although it runs pretty dang fast
(too fast to catch the proper moongate), and I was unable to locate
Origin's application to adjust game speed, I'm enjoying this
immensely. I even dug out my old (original) cloth maps! I'm in Ultima
heaven! :)

Thanks again,

Whistler

thehawk

Distinguished
May 19, 2003

Whistler wrote:
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 04:08:58 +0000 (UTC), Paulon
> <spampaulon@ultimainfo.net> wrote:
>

>>With a deafening roar and a whoosh of spray, Whistler swings about and
>>addresses the awaiting newsgroup...
>>

>>>Anyone have an idea where I can d/l a copy of Ultima IV? I played it
>>>back in the dark ages (1980s), and am kinda feeling like I need to
>>>revisit.
>>
>>Yep. http://www.enlartenment.com/ultima/u4download.html
>>Details on why it's a legal download and such are on that page.
>

> Thanks much to all who responded.. Although it runs pretty dang fast
> (too fast to catch the proper moongate), and I was unable to locate
> Origin's application to adjust game speed, I'm enjoying this
> immensely. I even dug out my old (original) cloth maps! I'm in Ultima
> heaven! :)
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Whistler

Now that you have U4, you may want to wander on over to Voyager Dragon's
place and pick up the U4 Upgrade stuff: [
http://reconstruction.voyd.net/index.php?event=project&typeKeyword=upgrades
].

From the site description: "This is an upgrade patch for Ultima IV:
Quest of the Avatar that adds new features to the PC version. The
original musical score, once only available on the Apple and Commodore
platforms, is now integrated back into the game. The graphics were also
given a face lift and expanded to 256 colors (VGA). Some additional
hotkeys (e.g. the ability to exit to DOS) and a frame limiter have also
been added, and few of the game's 15-year-old bugs have been repaired.
For more information read the included README file."

-thehawk
Fallen Angel Dragon, UDIC

On Sun, 15 May 2005 15:04:00 -0700, thehawk <thehawk5150at@hotmaildot.com>
wrote:

>Now that you have U4, you may want to wander on over to Voyager Dragon's
>place and pick up the U4 Upgrade stuff: [
>http://reconstruction.voyd.net/index.php?event=project&typeKeyword=upgrades
>].
>
> From the site description: "This is an upgrade patch for Ultima IV:
>Quest of the Avatar that adds new features to the PC version. The
>original musical score, once only available on the Apple and Commodore
>platforms, is now integrated back into the game. The graphics were also
>given a face lift and expanded to 256 colors (VGA). Some additional
>hotkeys (e.g. the ability to exit to DOS) and a frame limiter have also
>been added, and few of the game's 15-year-old bugs have been repaired.
>For more information read the included README file."

Although Voyager has a copy, you might want to go to the original site for
the U4 upgrade: http://www.moongates.com/u4/upgrade/Upgrade.htm

--
The Polychromic Dragon of the -=={UDIC}==-
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/